Chapter Three - Christmas Day Present

Fluff, Romantic

Character:

Baekhyun and Reader

EXO members

'You know I'll always be with you....'

2332 words

Note: "Ya" or "Yah" usually refers to the Korean expression of "Hey".

2021....

This is a devastating, disheartened year for you as you just broke up with your ex-boyfriend. He cheated you on another woman and they even get married. The weird thing is, he still sending you text messages asking how are you and such, disgusting yourself. You cried for a few days, and you are thankful for the emotional support from your friend and, you decide to tell D.O. and Kai about it too.

One night, you and Kai made a video call, asking about each other lives. "Kai!! How are you? Have you got vaccinated?" All of a sudden, Kai cries. You stunned. "I miss you Y/N! Come back here!!" And you can only laugh seeing his behaviour. "Y/N! I have been vaccinated too! The pandemic situation over here is worst now. Plus, with the new variants and all that...." You heard another voice, and soon after you see D.O. joining the conversation.

"I know right! It's hard to predict when will all this ends.... Gosh, Y/N! How are you?" And you sigh hearing D.O.'s questions. Both of them sense your trouble, and ask you to share the troubles with them. You finally break down and cry while sharing the story with them. Kai and D.O. shake their head and try to comfort you the best they can. "Oh, wait. You got cheated. He got cheated too, right hyung?" Kai instantly raises a question, and you stop crying straight away. "Who got cheated?" you ask.

D.O. sighs. "Y/N, do you still remember last time we saw Baekhyun holding hands with a girl? Yeah, well, they got into a relationship around earlier in 2019. But, they also broke up towards the end of the same year." You are shocked to hear the news and ask D.O. to tell you further. "The girl cheated on him. She still connecting with her ex-boyfriend and from what I heard and understand, she said she is not happy with Baekhyun because of his busy schedules and all that, and many more.... But yeah, that made Baekhyun feel so small since he's a sensitive person. He's like, he's having trust issues with everyone right now." D.O. continues. Kai added. "It's called fate Y/N! You got cheated, Baekhyun hyung got cheated, that just means you are just meant to be together and the Heaven wanted you two to be together," Kai continues, before D.O. smacks him on his shoulder.

You can only chuckle. "Guys, who will be discharged next year?" You immediately ask. D.O. almost answering you when Kai jumps and screams. "Yay!!!!!! Y/N will come next year!!!! Oh, no but I also get into the military next year? Oh, noooooo I can't meet Y/N, my friend," Kai's mood changed in a split second. D.O. just shakes his head. "If I'm not mistaken, it will be Suho, Chen and Chanyeol? Yeah. Because Baekhyun hyung will be discharged in the year 2023. Why?" D.O. asks. "I'm thinking of visiting you all.... Or, good news I say? Next year, I will be an examiner at one of the universities in Seoul. I mean, if the pandemic subdues."

You could see D.O. and Kai are delighted to see you again. However, this is too early to confirm; with the pandemic going on, it's hard to travel even to Seoul. Thankfully you have completed your vaccination, and travelling to Seoul would be a step easier than before. You ask them to keep this from everyone first, and they agree to seal their lips. Despite being unsure about your decisions, you still ask him. "Kai? Can you help me with something?"