❛a drug addict with no future❜

》❈《

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐆𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐋𝐊𝐘 𝐌𝐀𝐍 with a clean shaven head dropped a small bag filled with different pills and powdered drugs into Adina's hands.

She flashed him a smile and got out an envelope filled with cash and handed it to him. The man took out the cash and counted it, making sure it was complete and gave her a curt nod.

"Got any cigarettes on you?" She asked and the man raised an eyebrow at her before digging into his pocket and getting out a pack of cigarettes and handing her one.

"You know kid," the man said as he watched her place the cigarette between her lips and light the end with her lighter. "You need to slow down with the drugs. It hasn't been three days and here you are again, back for more."

Adina took a slow drag of the cigarette, feeling the smoke fill her lungs and blew it out. "Your job is to provide me drugs when I need them and not butt into my business, Carlos."

Carlos looked her up and down and sighed. "You're gonna get yourself killed if you don't slow down kid," he muttered. "And where do you get all the money from? From what I know, you don't currently have a job."

"See you later, Carlos," she saluted him, blowing out smoke from between her lips and nostrils before walking away.

The sun was rising from the horizon, splashing the sky with yellow, blue and orange. She dug her left hand into the pockets of her hoodie, her right holding the burnt out cigarette, the bag of drugs tucked securely in the pocket of her hoodie.

Carlos was actually right, the way she took the drugs was alarming and if someone like Carlos, who dealt with drugs, was worried about her intake, then it was bad.

It wasn't entirely her fault though, she needed something in her system to push the raging thoughts away and numb her pain. She hated staying sober, being sober meant she was aware of what was going on around her, being sober made her aware of the things that reminded her of her ugly life.

She walked past the run down building where Hoshi had seen her get kicked out and threw her burnt out cigarette right in front of the building. They provided one of the best hard drugs there, drugs that will make one feel detached from their body and really fucking high. But those assholes had rejected her cash and asked for her body as payment instead.

Having to deal with the disgusting rich men her grandmother brought home for her to pleasure them was disgusting enough and she wasn't ready to use her body as payment. Disgusted, she spat in their faces and threw a fit, which got her kicked out, right in front of Hoshi.

Hoshi's words registered in her brain and she sighed, rolling her bottom lip between her lips and pulling the sleeves of her hoodie lower. She regretted asking him that question, no one had ever said something like that about her like that before. Not even Brad. When she had asked Brad that same question, he had shrugged and said she was just cool.

She also regretted calling Hoshi in the first place, but she felt like if she didn't talk to someone at the moment, she would spiral out of control and do something stupid.

Hearing his voice at the other end of the phone, calmed her and soothed her aching and wounded soul. Hearing him talk about his family and the things he loved was calming and she didn't like it. She had to force herself to end the call, she didn't want to end it all, she wanted his voice to wrap around her, his words to soak into her system.

Hoshi was good. Too good for her. She couldn't return his feelings, she couldn't like him the way he liked her. She shouldn't. She was too broken, too damaged and had a lot of shit going on in her life.

Her grandmother's house suddenly came into view and her heart pounded hard against her chest and she dug her nails into her palms, pressing them hard. Two cars that she hadn't seen before were tucked in the driveway.

Adina's breathing quickened, hoping the owners of the cars weren't here for what she had in her mind. She pushed the large doors and locked it behind her, her steps hurrying but stopped when she spotted her grandmother's figure, her cane in hand.

"Where have you been?" Catherine, her grandmother asked, resting her weight against her cane.

Adina swallowed hard, pushing the bags of drugs deeper into the pocket of her hoodie. "For a walk," she tried to keep her voice steady, but failed.

"A walk?" Catherine raised up a perfectly shaped eyebrow. "Just a walk?"

Adina swallowed again and nodded.

"I've noticed that someone has been stealing money from me" Adina felt her heart rate quicken as her grandmother eyed her.

"I don't know about that grandmother," Adina offered her a small smile as her body shook in fear. "You know that I'll never steal from you."

"You're a terrible liar, Adina," Catherine fired and Adina took a terrified step back as her grandmother approached her and grabbed her face, digging her sharp nails into her skin till she winced. "I know you've been doing drugs, girl."

Terrified eyes looked up at cold ones and she fought for words to say but nothing came out.

"I mean," Catherine shrugged. "You always come home smelling of cigarette smoke and most of the time you're high." Her nails dug deeper into Adina's skin and tears sprang into her eyes. "I'm honestly not surprised, you're just like your father. A drug addict with no future."

Adina cried out as Catherine pushed her away and she fell to the floor, her head hitting the marble tiles. Pain spread from her head to the tip of her toes and before she had time to process what was happening, her grandmother pulled her up and dragged her into the living room where three men sat.

"Here she is gentleman," Catherine released her and Adina's blood ran cold as the men studied her, hunger and lust in their eyes.

"You wouldn't mind if we all took her at once, Catherine?" One man asked, slowly licking his lips and fear and disgust settled in the pit of Adina's stomach.

"Not at all," Catherine winked at them and turned away. "She's all yours boys."

Before Adina knew it, three pairs of hands were on her, grabbing and tearing at her clothes and silent tears fell from her glassy eyes.