Ch. 18 - Confessions..."I want..."

Emily's POV

Ali led me up the small path and into the cabin. I couldn't believe my eyes...or my nose. Everything in the cabin was just perfect, it was unbelievable. I stood there for a moment, soaking it all in. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath through my nose, the whole place smelled warm and like food. It smelled like baked chicken? And was that apple pie? Mmm, my mouth watered just thinking about it. I inhaled the sweet aroma again and I wasn't surprised to smell the same vanilla that I always craved, it was Ali. I walked in further and stood in the middle of the entry way, eyes slowly scanning every corner of the room. To my right, there was a cozy living room, which I walked over to. Everything was wood furnished and I ran my fingers over the soft flannel blankets that hung over the side of the couch and the love seat, picking up and squeezing some of the fluffy pillows. The room was complete with a short round table in the middle and a red brick fire place off on the side of the wall that was burning wood right now. I continued to walk along the living room's walls, running my hands over the polished wood as I went. On some of the walls there were vintage looking pictures of the woods, of a lake, of the moon and even one of the cabin we were in with a small inscription at the bottom that read "Lover's Peak."

I turned around to Ali, who has remained still, watching me since she opened the door for me. "We're at Lover's Peak?" I asked incredulously. I could tell she didn't expect me to ask about the name, so I wasn't surprised when she took a while to respond.

"Y-Yeah, I mean, it's just called Lover's Peak, it doesn't you know mean that- that we...you know," she stopped, face reddening quickly, hoping that I knew what she was going to finish saying so that she didn't have to say it. I thought it'd be fun to tease.

"Know what Ali?" I said as I walked over to her. "What do people who come to Lover's Peak have to be?" I looked down at her face and smiled when she gulped. I grabbed the bottom of her chin and lifted her face so that our eyes locked... "Alison," I whispered gently as my mouth moved towards her ear, "I think it's only appropriate for lovers to come and stay the night at Lover's Peak, don't you?"

I could tell the use of her whole name caused something inside of her to awaken. Unless I was mad or feeling completely aroused, I never used her full name, and I was far from mad right now. I know I had her totally wrapped around my finger as I pulled away to look at her face. Her breathing had quickened and her eyes were shut and she just hummed in response. This was way more fun than I had thought, so I leaned back towards her ear, "Do you want me to be your lover tonight, Alison?" I used the same domineering tone, while placing my hands on her shoulders, running them up and down her arms and could see the slight shiver it had caused down her spine. She was rocking back and forth softly as I continued to rub her arms.

With her eyes still shut she hummed again. I laughed softly, "those aren't words Ali, so, tell me. Do you, or do you not, want me to be your lover tonight?" And as I finished, I gently sucked her earlobe into my mouth and smiled as she moaned, "yes."

I pulled away, feeling triumphant and seen that Ali was leaning in towards me for a kiss.

"Uh uh, I still didn't hear you," I lied. "I want you to ask." My own boldness in the past 6 hours or so was still surprising me.

Alison's POV

I was still confused, as Em averted my kiss, but one look at her face and quickly I understood. I could feel the heat rising to my face again. Damn, why was she making me so shy right now? The fear of being rejected also hit as I realized that Em could be playing with me, after all why would she want to be my lover? I know she didn't fully believe me when I said I loved her, I know I've got a lot more to prove, but what if this is her way of revenge, to turn the tables and break me like I did her? What if she only agreed to this so that she could strike when I was most vulnerable? Why did the old me have to teach her this? My face turned impossibly hot as I felt nervous and so scared, scared...of being rejected. I almost didn't want to answer, but if she rejected me, then I deserved to hear it, to feel it. Soon I found the courage and sighing softly I leaned back towards Em and took both of her hands with mine, asking, "Em, I want to be with you tonight, so will you please do me the honors of being my lover tonight?"