Promises

Chapter 26: Homecoming Part 2: The inner and Sleepover

...continued...

No One's POV

...and just as Em was going to release, there was a loud and obnoxious knock at the door. Em sighed frustrated beyond anyone's belief and Ali pulled away quickly, straightening herself and laughing into Em's ear, "Ooops I guess I wasn't quick enough this time...to be continued then I guess?"

Em groaned and slid off the counter, fixing her clothes and her hair, and reapplying chapstick as Ali walked to the door. "Who is it?"

"ALI! EM! C'mon you guys, you know who the hell it is! Hurry up and open the door, I have to pee!"

Ali looked at Em, with a smirk, making sure she was decent, so that she could open the door, and when Em nodded, Ali barely unlocked the door, before Hanna came barging in at practically ran to Ali's bathroom. Aria and Spencer came in right after, laughing at Hanna and then both girls stuck an arm out and brought Ali in for a small group hug.

"Ugh Ali, we missed you, and Em. How was your trip?" Aria pulled away and already the questions were beginning.

Spencer was next, "yeah, where'd you guys go, what'd you guys do?"

Ali stood there and for once she didn't have the words to say to her friends and like always, Em came in and rescued her, "Ali and I will tell you all about it...but not right at this moment. Can we eat first?"

And as if on cue, Hanna came from the bathroom, "so are we going to eat now or what? I'm starrrrrving and it smells amazing in here - wait, OMG is that cake?"

The girls laughed and Ali used the distraction to walk back into the kitchen and set the table for the four of them to have dinner.

Aria walked in, "well I guess I shouldn't have brought some pie over, sorry Ali, Em didn't tell me what we were having and you know I like pie." The smaller brunette shrugged her shoulders and set it down on the counter. Hanna started laughing and then elbowed Em in the side.

She leaned into her ear, "so how are you guys going to tell them? Like just say it, or give them hints, do you want me to help because you know I can - "

"What are you two whispering about over there," Spencer gave her signature Spencer Hastings look, letting each girl know that she'd find out anyway.

"Nothing," both Hanna and Em said at the same time.

"You two sure? It sure doesn't seem like nothing." Spencer raised her eyebrow and in the girls defense, Ali jumped in, "calm down Spence. Why do you always have to know everything?"

"Oh and you know too then Ali?," she turned to Aria, "Aria do you have any idea what they're talking about or are the two of us just getting left out of these things? Is this why Em called us, to let us in on your little secret?"