Chapter 8 King's Order

The kingdom got busy than before, its like a big feast is going to be held, but I guess there is. I'm wandering in the garden and visit every plant inside it. They're perfect. I continued to walk like a child back then, swaying.

I stop infront of a big bud of flower at the corner of the garden. I went near it and looked closely.

"Don't be shy, you're beautiful." I spoke to the plant and it swayed like it giggled.
"Come on, there will be lots of elleths to night, don't hide yourself from them, elleths love lovely flower like you," I smiled and softly poke its bud.

A white glow run through the flower bud, it continued swaying and slowly opening up. I jump up and down in excitement.
"Come on, you can do it!" I cheered and clap my hands.
"Princess Amaya?" Lady Lathiel came out of nowhere.
"Sssh! Don't make noise, the flower will become frightened and shy," I approached Lady Lathiel and put my finger against her lips.
"What are you doing? Some might see you doing something unnatural!" Lathiel whispered and walked with me towards the flower.

Lady Lathiel widened her eyes in amusement. I just giggled and watched the flower do her thing.

"The most beautiful flower in the garden!" Lady Lathiel uttered as the flower went on her full bloom. She looks really beautiful, its pinkish petals glows with golden dusts glittering over it.

"Yes she is," I agreed.
"But Princess you should get ready for the ball, " Lathiel pulled my wrist gently.
"Huh? Am I counted in? I am not qualified." I tilted my head in confusion.
"Yes you are, you're part of this kingdom," Lathiel carressed my hand and pulled me towards a kingdom's chamber.

As we went in, the room was full of beautiful dresses. I got my jawdrop in amazement.
"The King requested to bring out the best dresses for you to choose and wear for tonight's event," Lathiel whispered.
"I can't go," I stepped backwards shooking my head for disagreeing.
"You must, King's orders. And you'll be very late if you'll continue insisting." Lathiel smiled and pulled me in. They changed my clothes into pretty and amazing dress, with little tiny white flowers on the edges and let my barefeet wear something shiny. They put on something in my head. And it's glittering.

"Okay, you're done, go to the gathering hall of the kingdom," Lathiel commanded as she puts final touches on me.
"You're beautiful from the inside and out Amaya, you'll standout from the rest," Lathiel nodded as she inspect my looks and the rest of the elves inside the chamber agreed.
"She'll complete the ball!" The sewing elleth smiled.
"The king will be healed," another one smiled.
"Now go, the King awaits," Lathiel pushed me outside the chamber.

I pouted my lips as I went out and walked to the halls, what if I looked worst from everyone else. Thranduil, will he like the way I look? I bit my lips as continued my way to the ball.

The hall where the ball will be held is down under the kingdom, so I have to went down so many stairs. And lastly I arrived at noisiest part, this may be it.
I walked down in a decorated stairs and the crowd went into silence, I stopped and look around. What happened? Is there anything wrong? I thought.

Some hissed in whispers and some just stared at me. Okay? I guess I have to get back to the garden. I'm not invited am I? But as I turned myself around the highest adviser together with the other officer of the kingdom announced, "Start the ball, every elleth should dance with the King."

I let my mouth opened and look around, Thranduil can't dance them all. But the officers seemed to discussed something and pointed to the seat at the center of the hall and elevated that if someone will sit there he/she can see everyone.

Thranduil's not there, where is he? I ran back up, lifting this annoying but very beautiful dress with me and went to the garden.

I saw Thranduil staring blankly to the newly bloomed flower which I helped lately. I walk modestly as I could acting like a real princess. I could get use to this.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I tried to open up a conversation with him. He didn't uttered a word.
"Hey! Thranduil!" I called him and waved my hands infront of his eyes.

He blinked and looked startled.
"Amaya, you're here? And....." He stopped as he looked at me from
Head to toe with an amazed and satisfied look and he smiled.

I cleared my throat and took another entrance greeting, "Good evening King Thranduil," I bowed like a princess do and keep my head down.

He went close to me and lifted my head. "You're so beautiful, Amaya," he smiled as he caressed my cheek.
"You ordered me to come and join the ball, so they changed me," I smiled weakly.
"You should go to the halls, the elleths are waiting and the advisers to," I tried to distract and went to another topic.
I pulled his wrist and tried to walked and drag him, but he pulled me towards him and he hugged me.

I can't move my body, it felt like it froze.
"King Thranduil," I uttered I'm getting nervous.
"Call me Thranduil when we're alone like this," he whispered to my ear that made it boiling hot.

He bent down to his knees and held my one hand.
"Will you dance with me, Princess Amaya?" He asked while looking at my eyes and smiled shyly and quickly looked away. He stood up and gave off his cold look again.
"I shouldn't be asking that, you are going to dance with me tonight, that's an order," he cleared his throat and that made me smile. He's keeping his cold attitude.
"As you wish my Lord," I bowed again like a princess and again he pulled me into him and he put his hand on my waist and the other to my hand.

I got surprised and I stared at him with a puzzled look. And he too stared at me coldly with his bluish piercing eyes.
"Are you going to disobey an order?" He emotionlessly asked.
I shook my head and smiled brightly at him.
"And why would a lowly elf disobey the high King?" My smiled disappeared. I don't know why.
"You are not lowly," Thranduil answered me sincerely and looked at my eyes.

We started to dance. His face touching mine. The moment is so perfect. Dancing in the garden alone with him. I feel something really unexplainable inside, that I feel light, warm, I didn't even noticed that I've leaked my abilities and send all the flowers to fully bloom even the smallest buds and golden dust glittering around us.

Thranduil didn't cared for he closed his eyes as we started to sway. Feeling each movement, feeling each others warm breaths. I feel like I want the time to stop and stay like this forever.

I felt butterflies flying around us, and made The golden dust to even scatter around. The garden was at its full bloom and most enchanted time. I couldn't stop myself.

We danced like no other, not caring for anyone else.

"King Thranduil, you're presence in the halls is a must, please be there," a deep toned voice echoed through the garden.
Thranduil lifted himself and made distance from me. He looked directly to my eyes, but I can't read what's his thoughts are. He gave me a smile that I never saw before, and it made my heart skip a beat. He handed his hand to me and asked, " Can we go to the halls, Princess Amaya?"

"Yes ofcourse," i uttered and handed my hand. He looped my arm around his. And we walked down to the halls where the elleths are waiting for the King.