chapter 2 • oh look! it's cherry! let's all laugh at her

𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇

𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇.

pepper and sophie were still mad.

"come on guys, think! if we can't get rid of bella by tonight's game, than you guys are going out there without me!" troy said. "all i need is an idea, all right, just one."

"got it! we build a girl trap, and then we lead her in with a trail of lady bait!" sawyer said.

i looked up at the mention of women, heading over to the group.

"what's, uh, lady bait?" newt asked.

"i don't know, stuff cherry likes?" sawyer suggested, looking at me. "glitter, shoe catalogues? oh, those little soaps that look like seashells that my mom says i'm not supposed to use even though they're soap!"

"what's the point if i can't even-" sawyer complained, but was cut off.

"have you ever felt the touch of a woman?" i asked.

sawyer was going to make a comment, but i turned around and left.

i stood over bella, who was frowning as pepper and sophie ignored her.

"bulldogs, bring it in!" coach said, and we gathered together.

"now i don't have to tell you how big tonight's game is. the tigers are tough. but dawson, garcia, you guys showed me something this week. you got the arm, you got the guts!" he told bella.