Chapter 2

Kokichi's POV

.

.

.

My eyes widened as I instantly recognized the person in front of me.

.

.

.

Kaito Momota...

"Hello there!" He said in his usual booming voice, "I'm Kaito Momota, Luminary of the Stars! I'm also the Ultimate Astronaut. I don't recognize you, are you by any chance new here? What's your name? Also, also, what's your Ultimate?"

Did he really need to say the word 'also' twice? I let out a quiet sigh, happy to know he didn't change too much since I last saw him.

"I'm... Haruki Izumizaki. I'm the Ultimate Hacker," It took me a second to reply as I nearly forgot my new name. I would never be called Kokichi again, so I'd better get used to being called Haruki real quick.

I leaned over and unzipped my backpack that was connected to my wheelchair.

"That's such a cool Ultimate! Oh yeah, what class are you in?" It kinda felt like Momota was interrogating me.

I grabbed my sketchbook and replied with a simple, "79."

"Yes! We're in the same class! Let's get going before we end up late!" Momota cheered and leaned down to zip up my backpack. He then grabbed the handles at the back of my wheelchair and started pushing it, leading me to our classroom.

Oh my god... this is actually about to happen. I could hardly believe it. I was going to see my old classmates again. What if they recognize me, oh no, did I make the wrong choice coming back?

He opened the door and wheeled me in. Inside were all of my peers from the virtual reality we were stuck in. Except for four people: Tenko Chabashira, Himiko Yumeno, Rantaro Amami, and Korekiyo Shinguji.

"Guys! Guys!" Momota called out, drawing everyone's attention towards us, "I found the new classmate that is supposed to be filling in the sixteenth spot!"

Harukawa looked me up and down before asking Momota, "What is his name?"

"His name is Haruki Izumizaki! Um, I don't remember his Ultimate though..." Momota's voice wandered off.

"I'm the Ultimate Hacker," I answered for Momota as he headed to his seat.

"His voice kinda reminds me of... Ouma's... just kinda quieter," I heard a hushed voice say.

That's kinda what happens when you aren't talking for, like, eight months.

I looked over to see who said that, although I had a feeling I already knew. My eyes land on Saihara who quickly looks away shyly from me. Yup, they really haven't changed too much since I last saw them.

"Indeed," Tojo spoke up from her seat, "The two do sound quite similar."

Yumeno and Chabashira then walked into class and headed to their seats, eyeing me, they were shortly followed by Shinguji.

A minute later, a young female I didn't recognize came in. I assume that she must have been the teacher. She had long orange hair tied into a ponytail and was wearing a blue dress with a white apron.

"Hello and welcome to another new and exciting day, class!" Well, she's certainly a character, "As you all can hopefully see, we have a new--"

The door then got slammed open, cutting her off. I nearly jumped out of my wheelchair from the sudden noise, but, alas, my legs do not work.

"I'M SO SORRY FOR BEING LATE!!" Amami yelled. I didn't take him as the type to be one of those last minute arrivals. Well, I suppose we never did have any actual classes together.

The teacher let out a sigh, "It's fine, Rantaro, but if you're late one more time this quarter, I'm going to be forced to give you after-school detention."

Rantaro nodded, "Right, sorry Ms. Yukizome," He then headed to his seat.

"As I was saying, we have a new student today!" The teacher, Ms. Yukizome, turned to look at me, "Would you like to introduce yourself?"

"R-right," I wheeled myself up to the center of the front part of the classroom, "I'm Haruki Izumizaki, I'm the Ultimate Hacker."

Yukizome smiled at me, "I'm your homeroom teacher, Chisa Yukizome. I'm the Ultimate Housekeeper and an Alumni of this school."

Everyone then started introducing themselves to me. I kinda zoned out during this part, since I already knew who they all were.

"Now then," Yukizome said once everyone had finished introducing themselves. I looked up at her, "How about you tell us a bit about yourself?"

I nodded, "Sure. I like to draw and I enjoy coding and, um, stuff?" What was I supposed to say? 'Hi I'm Kokichi Ouma, the Ultimate Supreme Leader, and I'm a pain in the ass'? Yeah, no.

"How splendid! Do you mind if we ask you some questions?" Yukizome asked.

"Go ahead."