10

This whole chapter is literally just smut. If there're any of you here solely for the plot then skip to like the very end.

But if you're sticking around, I've posted the beginnings of a playlist on my spotify that I think go pretty well with this chapter. Link in my bio ;)

------------

You made it home, and as you expected, Dabi was waiting near the door as soon as you stepped inside.

"You do realize how incredibly stupid that was, right?" He asked after the door had shut.

"I don't want to talk about it." You dropped your things and walked past him into the kitchen, trying your best to remain calm. You just needed to make yourself a drink and then disappear into your room. If you stopped for even a second to entertain Dabi's anger, it would only cause your own to come spilling out, and in the state you were in, there was no telling where that would lead.

"Unfortunately for you, princess," he followed behind. "I don't care whether you want to or not. What you did could have gotten you hurt, or thrown in jail. How do you expect to be able to find some mythical weapon when you're sitting behind bars?!"

You ignored his words. Reaching for the cabinet above, you went to grab the nearly-empty bottle.

A distraction. You repeated the phrase in your head as you discarded the glass on the counter and pulled the bottle to your chest. Alcohol wasn't something to be considered a healthy coping mechanism, but it was all that you had, the only thing capable of pushing the overwhelming wave of feelings away.

Without you noticing, Dabi had moved in front of you. His hand slammed against the cabinet door, the sound causing you to look up. "Are you even listening to me?!" His eyes darted to the bottle of clear liquid. "It's a monday night. You have to be up for work in less than five hours. Is that really the best way to deal with things right now?"

The temptation to throw the bottle at him was strong, but that would be a waste of a perfectly good drink. Sure, you understood where his anger was coming from, but could the asshole not realize that you were in no mood to talk? You went to step around him, but he moved again, this time in front of you, blocking your way. "Don't ignore me."

"Hard to ignore you whenever you're standing in my way." You stared, feeling one of your hands twitch. "Move."

Dabi crossed his arms. "Not until you tell me what happened."

"Move," you repeated, your voice dropping low.

"And why should I listen to you whenever you have not once done the same for me?" The colors of his eyes seemed to brighten, as if ignited by the heat of his anger.

You tried to push past him, but Dabi took hold of the handle of the bottle and pulled it away. He placed it on the counter and you reached to take it back, but his other hand took you by the side of your neck and pulled you toward him. "I said don't fucking ignore me."

There was a soft flutter in your lower abdomen. Your gaze travelled across his face, your mind suddenly beginning to infect itself with forbidden thoughts. "I think you're smart enough to have realized by now that I don't take orders from you."

"Oh, I know, but I hope you're starting to realize that bad things tend to happen whenever you don't." You began to pull away, but his grip remained firm. "I saw you being taken by those police officers. How'd you manage to get out of that little situation?"

"I don't want to talk about it. Now, let me go." Being so close to him was dangerous. With your disrupted mind, the rising emotions within you had begun to overshadow any form of common sense.