15

For those of you that have been here for a little bit, there's been a slight change to the story. I found that I really didn't like having an actual character used as YN's father, especially considering that not everyone is going to resemble him and this is supposed to be a reader insert. So, as of right now, the father is a nameless hero. He did most of his work in a different country before moving to the current city. That is the only change. The backstory is still the same and he is still a teacher at UA.

-----------------

You awoke to a scream.

Sitting up in bed, you instinctively reached for the weapon kept under your pillow only to realize that this wasn't your apartment. It was Aya's. The scream had to have belonged to her as well.

Shit, when had you fallen asleep? You were supposed to be up waiting for Aya to wake up after Dabi had knocked her out. What time was it?

There wasn't time to dwell on your confusion, the scream had been one of terror. While you'd been asleep someone else could've come inside to target her. Goddammit, why hadn't Dabi woken you up?

You pulled yourself out of bed, wincing at the pain in your head and the soreness of your arms, and ran into the living room, where Ayas' scream had come from, immediately searching for any threat. The blue-haired girl turned in surprise whenever you stopped beside her. "You aren't dead?" She asked, sounding both afraid and relieved.

"Not that I know of. What happened?"

With a shaking hand, she pointed farther ahead, and your eyes landed on Dabi who was standing in front of the door in a way that blocked it completely. Likely trying to keep her from getting out. "Morning, princess."

You stared, a scowl spreading across your face as you pressed your lips tightly together. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"You were asleep," he said in a drab tone. "Didn't want her waking up and running to the cops before you could stop her."

"Then you could've woken me up. She wasn't supposed to see you, idiot." You stopped for a second, realizing that the person you were speaking about was still standing two feet away.

Aya dropped her hand and took a step away from you. "You- you two know each other?"

Ah, shit. There was no way you could sensibly explain this now that Dabi had gone off-script. The two of you had agreed that he would leave and that you would stay behind until your friend woke up. Then, you would give her a story about why the attacker had been targeting you and why she shouldn't talk to the police. You were gonna say it was someone that you owed money or something.

Now, though, you either had to come up with a lie explaining why a member of the League of Villains was in her apartment, and why he wasn't trying to kill either of you, or you'd have to tell her the truth. Most of it, at least.

You held your hands in front of you, trying to sound reassuring. "There's a very complicated story that goes along with this, but I promise that he isn't going to hurt you, and neither am I."

She took another step back, and you really couldn't blame her. She'd been attacked in her apartment by a guy who was after you, and then she'd been knocked unconscious by a stranger when trying to go and get help. And then when she finally came back to consciousness, one of the countries most wanted villains was standing in her doorway, and he was talking to you like a friend. "Isn't he the one in the alley last night? You-" She pointed at him scornfully, a bit of anger intermingling with the fear in her eyes. "You knocked me out!"

Of course, she had to be the observant type.

"In my defense," Dabi started, but his words died off. "Actually, I was just hoping you wouldn't remember that."