𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰

~Y/N's P.O.V~

I look at Ben and walk forward toward him. "Hi, Y/N. I am so sorry about our fight. It was all my fault, I... Please come home." He holds the ring he gave me during his coronation, and I sigh. "I don't know where my home is, Ben. I need to find it."

Ben sighs in defeat and says, "Isn't Auradon your home?" I shake my head no and pace around the room. I reply, "I don't belong in Auradon, I feel like I'm putting on this mask to hide my true self. Like I'm living up to Auradon's standards and not my own."

"Then maybe I live up to your standards. Be more rebellious." I shake my head again and Ben continues, "I'll skip school, have more fun. You know, I'll blow off more responsibilities."

I hold his hands and try to reason with him. "I'm putting a bad influence on you, Ben. What if I do something so messed not only the kingdom turns on me, but they turn on you." I say. He squeezes my hands and begs, "Don't quit us, Y/N." Ben opens my hand and places his ring in the palm of my hand.

"The people love you. I love you." I look into Ben's eyes and feel mine shine blue. I look back at the ring and put it on my middle finger. Ben smiles, but I interrupt him. "I'm thinking about it. Don't get your hopes up."

"I can stay here with y-" I slightly back away from Ben and his smile fades. "I need time to myself to think." I say. He asks, "Are you sure?" I nod my head, yes and Ben walks away in sadness, back downstairs.

After he leaves, I hear something from the communication system. "Y/N, it's Mal. Please. Y/N, come on." I speak into the thing and sigh, "I need to be by myself!"

I turn it away and I'm about to storm off. I hear a familiar accent distract me, "Y/N, you're not alone, all of us are here for you and those negative feelings can take over. We can listen or talk if you want to, just please, as my greatest friend... decide what's best for you."

I sigh and look at the controls for the door, I press the button that opens it and I hear the gears do their work. About 5 minutes later, Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos, Emilia, and Aris come upstairs.

"Wait. How did you two get dragged into this?" I look at the AKs and Emilia laughs. Aris glances at Mal and says, "We wanted to help. All of us."

I smile because they are my friends... but the timing of everything is not good. I look around and see someone missing. "Where's Ben?"

The VKs look at me and Carlos says, "We wanted to talk to you about that..." I raise my brows and cross my arms. "Uma captured him. Ace is with them too."

I move some hair out of my face and sit on the arm of the couch. "But if you guys would have brought him here this would have happened."

"He was gonna come with or without us. We just wanted to protect him." Evie adds. "Yeah and look at us, for being so-called protectors." I look over at Mal and raise a brow.

"Okay. Okay, so what are we gonna do?" "Well, we know Uma is messing with me, so Y/N and I are going to get Ben. Uma's a big punk."

Carlos looks over to Mal and says, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, Mal, you're still gonna have to go through Harry Hook and his wharf rats."

Jay says, "Yeah, you're gonna need us. That doesn't include Y/N dealing with Ace and Tucker." Mal adds, "Uma told me to come alone." "Mal, come on."

"She said to come alone. I know one thing, I'm not going anywhere." I sigh and think about Ace and his ruckus.

"Harry said nothing about Ace, right?" Jay shakes his head. "He was more wanting Mal to face Uma. But M, we'll be here when you get back."

I grab Mal's arm and whisper, "Can we talk?" She nods her head, and we go into another room.