3) 𝕁𝕒𝕚𝕝 𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕜

ᑕᕼᗩᑎᘜᗴ ᗪᖇIᖴTՏ: 🅲︎🅷︎🅰︎🅿︎🆃︎🅴︎🆁︎ #3
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Sᴜᴍᴍᴀʀʏ:
𝚂𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚕 & 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚕𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘... 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚎𝚝 𝙴𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑? 𝙷𝚞𝚑, 𝚌𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Everything is black, nothing to see, and nothing to hear, Steven's mind is off.

...But then he hears faint hiccups of gasps and sniffs, it sounded muffled like it's underwater but the more he focuses on it the more he can hear it. Is someone crying?

It sounded familiar and that made him suddenly remember what happened. Getting caught, Jasper throwing Spinel away, taking out the destabilizer and-

Steven's eyes snapped open with a sharp gasp in realization. He quickly sat up and gets off on the floor, barely registering the setting before yelling "Spinel!"

Steven looks around where he's now standing. Around him are green walls and in front is an entrance with a familiar transparent yellow barrier. But where is Spinel? He then heard the sniff again.

"Spinel? Where are you?"

"...S-Steven?" There she is! It sounds close. Steven walks up to the forcefield and looks closely at it. He eventually reaches his hand out and it safely went through like the same one back at the ships. He casually walks through the barrier and looks around what's on the other side, now standing in a green hallway than some cell.

"Steven," He hears Spinel's weak voice and turns around to see she's also trapped behind a forcefield just beside his.

"Spinel!" Steven says in pure relief and quickly lunges towards her, not even caring about the weird sensation when he passes through the forcefield and landing in Spinel's arms. Their laughter soon connected in the silence, both relieved to be with each other again in their arms, squeezing each other tightly like they'll disappear again if they let go. "You're back! But how? I saw you disappear a-and..." Spinel then lets out a nervous laugh.

"Yeah. About that, uh... Do you remember how I told you my form acts different than yours and is made out of light and stuff?" Steven nodded. Spinel sheepishly rubs her neck.

"Well, I forgot to mention. When a gem's body gets badly hurt or something, they poof away to their gems and rest before coming out again. It's, uh... simple as that. And now I'm here, all fine! Nothing to worry about."

Steven blinks, speechless at such new information. He notices that Spinel's appearance is now a bit different than before.

Her puffed shorts replaced as a pink flower skirt with white frills underneath, her white stockings cut off knee-high, the bottom of her boots slightly healed than flat.

And her hair a bit less messy than before.

Well, that clears more from the question he asked a few years ago, of why Spinel doesn't need to wear clothes. Her appearance is a part of her form. Things he doesn't know just kept coming ever since they left the garden, he has no idea how to react to each one.

But to this one he softly smiles then gently hugs Spinel again.

"Well, at least I know you're okay, here with me," Steven murmurs, relieved to see his only friend is still with him. Spinel gladly wraps her arms around Steven again with a soft sigh of relief blown through Steven's hair.