Gon × reader "Midnight Nightmares"

Who really wants Gon to take them on a date! 🖐Meeee! I saw the episodes where he took Palm on a date and I just... 😍 Wow! I want a guy to do something like that for me. I can't guarantee that I'll dress up, they may be stuck with me in my jeans, my boots, my space kitty shirt, and my Mha hoodie. This had nothing to do with story, I just really wanted to share this.

You are both around 18 in this one too.

You and Gon have been dating for around a year.

You met Gon and his dad while traveling. You were doing exactly what they were doing, you wanted to see what was past the edges of the map. You helped them and they helped you. Eventually, you convinced them, well mostly his dad, to let you tag along.

Gon developed feelings for you and you, him. He asked you out. And you were really excited. His dad, Ging, didn't much mind it. He just made sure you both remembered your main goal, To see beyond the edges of a the map.

Today, was just an ordinary day. Gon had come over to have supper with you and watch movies. You both ended up falling asleep on the couch.

You woke up at around midnight to see your boyfriend sweating. You knew sometimes he would habe nightmares about the whole Chimera ant thing. You weren't there, but from what he said, you didn't blame him for his nightmares. You did all you could to comfort him when he had them.

"Gon. Gon." You began to gently shake him.

He jerked himself upright.

"Kite!" He yelled.

"Gon, sweetie, are you okay?"

He looked at you. His eyes were full of tears and it absolutely broke your heart to see him like this. You gave him a gentle smile. You reached your hands up to cup his face. You used your thumbs to wipe away his tears.

"Hey. Its alright. It was just a nightmare. Its okay. I'm here." You said as soothing as you could in an attempt to calm him down.

He reached his hands up and placed them over yours which were still cupping his face. You leaned up and placed a small kiss on his forehead. Years were still streaming down his cheeks. He moved his hands and wrapped his arms around your waist. He buried his face into your neck. You could hear quiet sobs and you could feel the tears still steadily falling. You leaned back till you were laying on your back, Gon laid on top of you. You began to gently rub your hand across his back, whispering sweet things in his ear. Eventually, you could no longer hear his sobs. His breathing had slowed as well. You knew he had fallen asleep.

You laid there, still awake, just thinking about him. This wasn't the first time this had happen and it definitely wasn't the last time either. You wished so bad that you could go back and change everything. You wished you could have saved him from all this pain, but you couldn't. All you could do is help him overcome this and comfort him. You almost felt... helpless.

The next morning

Gon woke up first. He looked down at you, remembering last night. He wished he hadn't of had that nightmare. Not for himself, he knew how much it worried you when that happened. He couldn't help but wonder what time you went to sleep last night.

"Morning."

He was snapped out of his trance to see you wide awake and with that big smile you always seemed to have. That smile that made his day every time he saw it.

"Morning." He replied.

He carefully moved off of you and the couch. You sat up to look at him. He sat back down beside you.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

"What for?" You asked.

"For last night. I'm sorry I woke you up."

You wanted to slap him.

"Hey!"

He snapped his head to look at you after your sudden voice change. You moved till you were on your knees and completely facing him. You leaned duo to cup his face.

"Listen to me! Don't you ever be sorry for that, ever! You can't help it. Plus, it's my job to be there to comfort you. I'm always here for you. You feel bad, you talk to me. You have a nightmare, you call me. I promise I'll be there. And if you don't, you're in for the lecture of your life! I love you and don't you forget that!"

Once you finished, Gon had the most love struck face you had ever seen. He leaned in and kissed you. You, of course, kissed back.

"I love you too, Y\N." He whispered.

Bonus:

"I love you too, Y\N" he whispered.

You gave him a soft smile. After a few minutes of staring into each others eyes, someone started banging on your door.

You jumped.

"Don't tell me-"

The door burst open and Ging stomped in.

"Oops! We fell asleep and didn't tell Ging!"