Intro

Growing up, I was in fact surrounded by the world of the LGBTQ. The only thing I knew, however, was gay. I knew what gay was as a kid and I paid no mind to it.

Then, as I got older, I started to resent it. I felt like it was wrong and it was bad to like your own gender.

But, once I got into 6th grade, I felt like being in the LGBTQ+ is just something you can be yourself. And so, in 7th and 8th grade, I became an LGBTQ+ ally.

As I started going into media fandoms, one of the first ones being RWBY, I found out that I began to ship a lot of the characters with each other, mainly, the lesbian and gay ones. So, that kind of stuck with me a lot.

However, during Freshman Year, I did my research (courtesy of Psych2Go and WikiPedia) and I had decent knowledge of the LGBTQ+. Then, I began to question myself. What did I identify as? Who did I love? Who am I?

I had millions of sleepless nights pondering about who I was.

For my sexual identity, I thought I was bisexual, then lesbian, then aromantic and asexual, then asexual, and now I am just questioning.

As for my gender identity, I am also questioning that too but I'm testing out "she/her/they/them" pronouns.

But, this book is not about me, this is a guide for those who are either confused about sexual and/or gender identity terms and I am here to help with that.

Without further ado, enjoy!!

Quick note this book will be marked Mature because of the history I will be covering with each of the terms!! I will also be mentioning very hard topics due to the LGBTQ+ history.