Chapter 20

I was just looking at the letter. I just looked at it. What might it say? Should I open it? Should I not? So many questions were going through my mind. I then finally got the courage to open it. I turned to the back. It was just the regular red wax. But this time. It had his initials. I lightly touched his initials. I then again carefully opened the letter. I immediately closed my eyes. I gently pulled out the letter and opened it. I then got the courage to open my eyes. The letter read.

Dear Miss. Allison,

Oh I do thank you for writing back so soon. My apologies for arriving at your house un announced, and wanting to have speak to you. Forgive me. I will give you the date, because my-. Oh excuse me. But Miss. Allison. I will send you the date, because I am going to London for a short business meeting. And before or when I get home, I will send you the date of when we shall meet again. I should tell you Miss. Allison, that you make me very happy. And I hope so do I. I will miss seeing you beautiful face. Goodbye. You can write back. No one is stopping you. Adieu. Farewell. Until we meet again. Oh please write back Miss. Allison. Thank you. Adieu.

Sincerely yours,

Mr. Bagans

Oh how happy I now felt. He almost wrote that he loved me. Oh I hope to hear it not on paper, but for him to say it himself. But then I recognized. London. That is miles and miles away from here. Oh I do hope that he travels safe. And he called me 'beautiful'. Beautiful. And I make him happy. Those must be good signs right? Oh I hope so. I then put the letter back in the envelope and ran back to my room. "My lady. What has happened?" My nurse said. I stopped and turned at the top of the stairs. "Oh. Mr. Bagans. He wrote back." I smiled and happily laughed. "And he said that I make him happy. And.," I put my elbow on the rail. "He called be beautiful." I got my elbow off of the rail and brushd my jawline.

Smiling and laughing again. "Oh well. Thats very nice of him to say that. Isn't that right Mr. John?" Everyone looked at Mr. John. Then Mr. John looked at me. "Yes. That is very nice." He said while he bowed. I curtsied.

Then I made a little happy squeal and laughed, then I danced back to my room. I was humming an old love song. I forgot the name of that song, but it made me happy. Like I am now. I then entered my room and closed the door. Then I turn around and see my room all a mess. Someone had been here.