Chapter 58

After Zak and I ate breakfast, Kandice filled the tray with the dishes, Zak opened the door for Kandice, and she left the room. Zak came and laid by my side and sighed. “Darling, I have to go to a conference today, so you have the whole house to yourself. I guess I have to show you the estate when I get back. I don’t know when I will be back though.” He said. I looked at him. “I understand darling. You have business to work with. I was just going to stay in and read, or go and take a walk outside sometime.” I told him. Zak held my hand and smiled at me. “You can do anything you want, just don’t go in the basement, attic, the tower, and some other rooms. Don’t worry, those rooms will be locked away.” I looked at him with suspicion. What is he hiding from me? Zak started to laugh. “I’m promise you Shelby, I promise.” I nodded my head and held his hand. Zak then kissed me and then got up. “I have to start getting ready my love. I will see you before I leave.” He kissed me and got out of bed. He walked to the door and opened it; he then turned to me and smiled. “I love you Shelby.” He said. I smiled at him and turned so I laid on my side. “I love you too Zak.” I said. He moaned a little and then closed the door and left. I laughed and laid on my back.

                What is in those rooms? I asked myself. Why does he want me not to see them? Curiosity is getting the best of me, but I don’t want to seem like a nosey person. So, I will just have to wait until he wants to tell me. I sighed and continued to read my book. As I was reading my book, I guess I lost track of time, I heard a knock on the door. “Who is it?” I asked and sat up. “Zak.’ He said simply. “Come in.” I said smiling. Just hearing his name makes me smile. Zak came in the door, dressed like he was last night, except he had a red vest instead of a black one. I smiled and got out of bed and walked toward him and fixed his tie a little. “You look very nice.” I said concentrating on fixing his tie so he could look nice for his conference. “Thank you dear.” He then held my face with his thumb and index finger and raised my face to make me look into his eyes. He kissed me. I wrapped my arms around him and held him close to me. I needed him, and badly. Zak wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me. I moaned and knew, I definitely needed him. I wanted him. Zak pulled away, but I went down and kissed his neck. “Darling, I will be late. As much as I want to. I –“I cut him off by finding his weak spot and him moaning. “I need you Zak.” I continued to kiss his neck. He continued to moan. He pulled me back and looked into my eyes. “My love. As much as I want to make love to you again, I am going to be late.” I nodded, understanding.

As I finished fixing his tie, he smiled and gave me a quick kiss. “Remember,” Zak said seriously. “No going into the basement, attic, the tower, and some other rooms. But if you do,” I was going to protest; but he held up a finger, meaning he wasn’t done talking. “But if you do. The doors you are NOT supposed to go into. They will be locked. And.” He held up an antique looking key. “I have the key.” Zak said and put the key into his breast pocket inside his jacket. I just crossed my arms and gave him an aggravated face. “Oh don’t worry darling. You will know about those rooms. Just not now. Maybe another time. Just not now alright?” I nodded my head in understanding.

                Zak kissed me one last time. “Now, I don’t know when I will be back, but I may return later tonight, maybe when you are asleep. If so, I will see you in the morning, and I will give you a tour tomorrow after breakfast. Sounds good?” I smiled and nodded. “I love you Zak. Please be safe traveling. I don’t know how far it is, but just be safe. Please?” I asked him as I held his hands. “Don’t worry yourself, my love. I don’t want you to stress about anything. Alright?” “Alright.” I said. We kissed and he was off. I sat on the white plush bench that was on the foot of my bed and tried to think of what I am going to do all day to occupy myself. What to do? I did say I was going to read. But before I could reach my book, I heard the sound of a man cracking a whip and horses hooves.  I ran and looked outside the window. I waved and blew a kiss. “Please be safe.” I said as I saw his carriage leave.