𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐: 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧! 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐓𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐊𝐢𝐤𝐢?

Chapter 2
Assess the Situation! Are People Really Terrified of Kiki?

Word Count: 5,298
Edited: 2/20/2024

The two mages stood in front of the green haired boy with dumbfounded expressions as they tried to digest the new revelation

The two mages stood in front of the green haired boy with dumbfounded expressions as they tried to digest the new revelation. "So... If we're not in Fiore anymore, then... Where are we now?" Kiki asked, both her and Hanako staring at Izuku with expectant eyes.

The boy gulped slightly at their expressions, not quite used to being put on the spot so suddenly, but answered them nonetheless, "O—Oh! We're in Musutafu, Japan."

Hanako tilted her head in confusion. "'Moosoo' what now?" She repeated. It seemed neither the Dragon Slayer nor the Exceed had a clue as to what Izuku was saying. Of course, that was to be expected, considering they were in a world that was completely different from their own. Even the names sounded foreign to them.

"M—Musutafu," Izuku said again, this time sounding it out a little slower for the girls.

Totally understanding, the light blue haired girl nodded (she still thought it was a strange name for a city). "Right! So, uh... What's a Japan?"

"It's a country. Just like your homeland—um, Ishgar, right?" Luckily for the Fairy Tail duo, Izuku was a patient boy, and not only was he excited to tell the two all about his world, he was also more than happy to help them learn everything until they got it down, even if that meant repeating things multiple times over and answering each and every question they might have had.

Hanako hummed, thankfully grasping the freckled boy's words. "Okay then." She paused for a moment before snapping, coming to a sudden realization—they had yet to introduce themselves! "Oh yeah! What's your name? I'm Hanako Miyazaki, and this here is Kiki!" The Dragon Slayer motioned to Kiki, the Exceed giving a small salute as her name was called.

Shyly, the boy introduced himself with a flushed face, "I—I'm Izuku Midoriya..." He had never had this long of a conversation with a girl before! Much less a really pretty one... (Hey, Kiki's there too, you know!!)

"Hey, Izuku?" Hanako called.

Izuku stiffened. She was using his first name! But they had only just met!! Wasn't that going a little too fast?? Ah—Well, maybe it was just a thing where she came from where they called each other by first name like westerners did in his world? Yeah... That was probably it. "Y—Yes?"

The aura around the Dragon Slayer became blue as she sulked. "Can we get out of here? It smells like chemicals..."

The green haired boy paused, both him and Kiki sweat dropping. It was an... interesting request, to say the least—well, in Izuku's mind, that was. Kiki, on the other hand, expected this sort of behavior from her human partner. "U—Uh, well, yeah—um... We should check you out of here first, though." The boy was still a little hesitant, considering Hanako was still injured (uh-huh, totally injured); still, he also didn't want to boss the two around or anything. Humming, Izuku then remembered something important. "Ah—The hospital will need your name and a parent phone number or address, but you don't have those last two things, and you're not registered in any government system, so as far as anyone's concerned, you don't even exist in the first place..." He deflated as he thought aloud, becoming stumped while trying to come up with a solution to their new predicament.