Hank and the Sheriff Meet Again

Third Person POV

Most people are scared when walking into a mad scientist/doctor's medical room. It wasn't like that for people going to see the Doc though, he had a whole big thing on 'consent to gruesome experiments'. After death, it was pretty much free game, but you were just about safe with the Doc until you kicked the bucket.

That's why when the Sheriff walked into the Doc's office to make arrangements for a checkup appointment, the last thing he expected to see was his arch nemesis and the bane of his life, Hank motherfucking Wimbleton.
He was just sitting there, all blank faced, and heavily armed, and... uh... armless?
Sure, he was equipped with enough firepower to destroy a small army, of which he probably planned on, but there he sat, motionless and dripping blood from his arm sockets.

The two enemies just stood, looking at each other before the door slid open behind them and Doc walked in.
"Sheriff, good to see you," Doc said. "Hank, this'll be quick. If you could just wait outside?"
Hank nodded and stood up, walking out the open door.

"Ya allowed Hank in here?"
"He lets me do experiments on him when he gets killed," Doc said. "Great patient. Very calm."
Sheriff chuckled. "Hank's not exac'ly whatya'd call 'calm'."
"He didn't try to kill you, did he?"
"Not in here, nah," Sheriff said. "I betcha he's waitin' outside tha' very door."
A muffled, gravelly voice said, "no I'm not," from behind the door.
Doc sighed, "come in here, Hank."

There were a few moments of silence before the same voice called out, "I can't open the door."
Doc nodded towards the door and Sheriff opened it.
"Sit down, both of you," Doc demanded. Hank and Sheriff complied.
"Now, I know you two have a... history."
"He stole my pie."
"He shot me in the face."
"I do not care about what you've done to each other."
Hank dejectedly mumbled, "he got me killed me twice..."
"And he ruined Nevada, blah-blah, we all hate each other. This is my office, my medical enterprise, and I will not be allowing you to kill each other."

The Sheriff sighed. "Y'know what, Hank? Maybeh... maybeh the Doc is right."
Hank raised his brows as the Sheriff removed his hat and held it close to his chest.
"I mean... we've both done things we regret. We don't have the best of terms, even when we're not figh'in. Maybeh... we should just forgive an' forget?"

Hank sat there, a statue for a brief moment.

"Sorry, my tinnitus kicked in. What was that? Am I allowed to kill him?"
The Sheriff hung his head. "Eh... fuck it. Jus' let 'im."
Doc held his finger up. "Yeah that's actually... exactly what I don't want. Blood doesn't get out of these walls easy."

The door opened behind them once again, and a shadow stepped through.
"Doctor," the Auditor said, his black flames somehow glowing brightly against the grey surroundings. "I am here for my previously arranged and scheduled checkup."