- 38 -

I'm sorry it took so long to update, I actually had to help my dad all day so I didn't manage to get much writing time in! Still, rather late than never!

Jimin's POV

A new heartbeat suddenly starts echoing weakly in the silent room and I sit up from my laying down position on the cushioned floor to have a look at the bed, five other pairs of eyes also falling on Y/N's small body, Namjoon's having never left her for more than a minute since the beginning.

Her heart stayed inactive for so long that it almost feels like a miracle to finally hear it start pumping again and the collective sigh of relief that follows lets me know I'm not the only one feeling like that.

"It took her heart three hours to recover" Yoongi mumbles, eyes meeting Jin's in a silent question. I observe the both of them, trying to find any hints of something abnormal happening but they hide whatever they're sharing very well when they turn back to gaze at her without me finding anything.

"Is that bad? Is she okay?" Taehyung hurries to ask, Jungkook also eagerly awaiting an answer as Hoseok stands up from the floor to reach Yoongi's side by the bed.

Namjoon also stares up at them anxiously, eyes red, as if he's expecting to hear that his venom wounded her more than supposed, that he harmed her to a point that she might never open her eyes again even though everything shows that she will no doubt wake up soon.

My heart melts for him because he's so caring, so sensitive under all this mass of muscles that he is. He's just as afraid as we are and nothing can take that from him, no matter how he's perceived by others.

Jin notices it as well and rests a hand on his shoulder for a reassuring squeeze that has him relaxing.

"She's fine. Or she will be. The venom had time to spread throughout her body evenly while she was out so I don't think she'll hurt that much now, but her body has to heal so it won't be comfortable" he explains, to which I let myself fall down on my back, relieved to no end.

These last hours were hard, so hard, thoughts taking me in any directions, instincts just needing to hug her, to take her in my arms, to hug Namjoon, to let them know that I love them, that they're safe, that everything will be okay, but it's a fact that although we are his mates as well as hers, he would've been only overwhelmed by our touch.

All of him is focused on her, he has to, keeping him away from giving her all of his attention would only make him feel aggressive towards us and he doesn't need that stress, doesn't need to have to process such a reaction towards us on top of everything else.

It's hard, but having my other mates nearby and cuddling with me has been helping me remain patient, it's been helping all of us.

"So she's currently starting the step three of turning then?" Namjoon asks, voice hopeful.

Hopeful, because the second step is the worst. From what we learned as young vampires in school, a necessary class that we had to take in case of a human being our mate, in case of a possible turning, we were told that as soon as the heart stops beating, it would take at most one hour to recover before it starts beating again.

When that happens, the human changing into a vampire will gain consciousness without necessarily waking up right as the venom starts melting every cells that make a human what they are.

It's a terrible step that has most of them screaming and trashing around, nerves unable to handle being teared down as such until it's time to heal, but for Y/N? There was nothing. Nothing at all.