- 40 -

Yoongi's POV

Unfair.

This is so unfair.

Hoseok's memory changed. Her memory of Jimin changed, so why not the one she had of me too?

After having eye contact with everyone, it was confirmed that only those changed, with the exception of the small adjustment Namjoon's had, nothing else.

We had an impact on the future, enough so that her near death in Hoseok's memory changed to something completely different. Something that made him nervous, but not as bad as before.

But why not mine? What is going to happen in the future? It annoys me to no end, to not know.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Namjoon asks softly and I open my eyes to find him gazing at me from the other side of Y/N's sleeping form, the both of us having cuddled up to her at her request when she started falling asleep.

The others left to their own rooms, eager to rest some after the long night, reassured now that she woke up and was fed, a simple thing, yet enough to have them assured that her health is not going to drop just because they close their eyes for a little bit.

I remain silent for a moment as I observe him, worry seeping into his eyes and I know mine are not hiding much of how I feel so I close them again. "I will be" I tell him, hear his sigh, his gaze burning my skin, not surprised to see me flee being honest.

Not like it happens often, but it's indeed nothing new. It's not because I don't like opening up to them, it's just...

How do I tell him that I'm hating fate so much right now? That I feel like it's having fun making me pitiful? That all my life, it's always been catastrophes after catastrophes and to have her possibly be part of one because of me?

It makes me feel failed. A fucking failure. I can't keep her safe, can't give her the life she deserves. If we didn't have six other wonderful mates, she would be having such a terrible life with only me.

Things got better, for a while. We left the world of death and pain behind, said goodbye to close friends and moved away. Decided to do something for ourselves, for once, a chance at a normal life, at a happy life.

No more having to deal with treachery, with murder and danger, with plotting behind backs and of failed assassinations. Just... normal, simple days in which we can love each other and be happy.

It was supposed to be simple, right? We gave up on our ranks and left. The end.

So why aren't things simple yet? Why does Y/N have to suffer? First from being close to us, from being our mate, from her blood being so damn mouth-watering, from things that I have yet to understand.

Why did I say what I said in her memory? She didn't go into details, but she was very clear on me saying that I want someone dead, someone I can't handle anymore. She thought it was her, but it can't be, it simply cannot be.

Y/N could rip me apart, break and step on my heart, she could say the most awful words to me that I would still die for her, would still give her my life if that means giving her a normal one. I could never want her dead. Never.

So who do I hate that much? What is going to happen?

A soft touch on my cheek has me opening my eyes to find her eyes on me. Pale blue, a gentle glint, so beautiful on her.

My pretty doll, so perfect, so good to me. I lay a hand on top of hers, nose at her wrist, where her blood mark is, Namjoon's teeth having left the prettiest stamp of belonging on her skin, the one that changed her.