foreword

EPIGRAPH

There is nothing else in this world like realizing you're going to live and not being sure you can.

― Claire C. Holland, I Am Not Your Final Girl

Ever wonder what happens to those final girls? After the cops eliminate them as suspects, after the press releases their brace-faced, pizza-cheeked, bad-hair-day class photos that inevitably get included on the cover of the true crime book? After the candlelight vigils and the moments of silence, after someone plants the memorial shrub?

— Gracy Hendrix, The Final Girl Support Group

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

SUMMARY

          FINAL GIRL (trope): the last girl remaining at the end of a horror movie, the one left to tell the story. 

          WENDY A. COLLIER (n.): the last girl remaining after the bloody murder of her friends, the one left to deal with the trauma.

          Following the tragic Camp Comet Massacre, leaving almost every camp counselor dead before summer camping season even began, Wendy Collier isn't quite sure what to do with herself. Therapy hasn't been particularly helpful, it's not like she has any friends left to talk to, and her parents will not stop screaming at the sky for a way out. The only possible solution is miles away in Alaska, secluded and hiding away from the world, and Wendy decides the distance from the painful memories is exactly what she needs.

          Xavier Collier was perfectly fine living away from his family, but when his sister shows up at his door after years of separation, traumatized and joined by a therapy dog that has no business being that big, his way of living must change for both their sakes.

          Healing has never been an easy process. Getting her life and her health back together proves to be the hardest thing Wendy has ever had to do, but the thing about Final Girls is that they survive—they have to, really, otherwise all that's waiting for them is an endless abyss of self-destruction. Wendy wants to do more than just survive.

          This time, Wendy wants to live.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

CAST

kristine froseth as wendy collier