The Four: ICE (Part 1)(Unedited)

"Stop!" I yelled, trusting my voice not to break. My hands were up in an opposing position, palms facing away from me. I could feel the ice glazing over my fingertips, getting intense by the second. "I beg you not to come any closer. I don't want to do this, but I will if I have to!"

"You wouldn't hurt us, Felicity," Anthony spoke. "I know you too well to believe you would hurt me." He started walking closer to her, forcing me to walk backward into the wall. The rest of his gang hung back in the alley, obviously afraid of what I could do as they should be.

I put my hands down and let Anthony come closer. When he got to about a foot away from me, he stopped and stared into my green eyes. When I looked into his grey eyes, my heart skipped a beat against my will. He was still attractive with his perfect features and red-brown hair. I mentally scolded myself for noticing and gave him stare for stare. "Why are you doing this, Anthony?" I said looking down. My hands clenched into fists behind my back. I had to calm down. "You used to be a great guy, but now? After you joined Derek . . . I don't know who you are anymore."

I glanced up and for a second, I could've sworn that his features softened, but when I blinked, his face bore the same hard, somber look that it always had. Could I have imagined it? "You know I can't just let you walk away." His voice was soft and calm and sounded sad.

"I know." I let that sink in and after a moment, I said, "And by the way, you don't know me as well as you think." My hands flew up and ice shot straight at Anthony's chest, making him fly several yards backward. "I wish it didn't have to be this way," I yelled as he groaned and slowly got back onto his feet with help from Charlie, "but you left me no choice!"

The rest of the gang came running at me, so I threw my hands up and a wall of ice blocked them from getting to me. While they banged on the ice and cursed at me, I use the power of the ice to lift me off of the ground and into the sky away from them.

I glanced back and saw Anthony watching me with a bemused smile on his face. I regret hurting Anthony, but he deserved it.

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Felicity Quinn, and I'm not your average twenty-one-year-old.

I flew across the city in my small cherry red convertible—the wind whipping my long blonde hair behind me. The beautiful city lights take my mind off everything when I drive around Colorado Springs. Today I was going to my favorite place: Pikes Peak. It wasn't that often that I came up here, but I really wanted to today.

It had been nearly a week since I faced Anthony and since then, I moved out of my apartment in Denver to a new one here in the Springs. I never liked moving from one place to another, but I have to so it would be harder for Derek and Anthony to find me. Last week, I stayed too long in one area and they tracked me down. But I intend to make that a one-time thing.

When I got to the top of Pikes Peak, I quickly found a parking spot and got out of the car. Today, I wore my favorite blue hoodie with white capri pants and my comfortable black high-tops. Everyone knows that the higher you go, the colder it gets, but it was nice and warm with me. You see, I have a tolerance for the cold. But one of my most significant weaknesses is the heat. You could say I melt in the heat, so I have to live somewhere in a cold climate. That's just the way my life goes.

On my way to find my secret hiding spot, I crossed a mother and her two young daughters, maybe five and ten years old, walking beside her. The younger girl seemed to be crying about something her sister said.

When the mother turned to talk to her oldest daughter, I smiled and went up to the little girl. I got close enough so she could hear, but not too close to scare her. I kneeled in front of her. "What's your name?"

"Angela."

I smiled. "Do you want to see some magic, Angela?" I asked her. She whipped the tears off her face and nodded eagerly. I brought my hand, palm up, in front of me and snapped my fingers. A giant snowflake appeared and hovered over my hand for a second before dropping into my palm. Angela gasped and smiled up at me.

I held the flake in front of her and said, "This is for you." I placed it into her open hand and she protectively folded her hands over it. "This snowflake is magical, so it will never melt or break. I want you to take care of it and whenever you look at it, I want you to remember everything you love in life. Cherish that feeling and never forget that you are loved. Can you do that, Angela?"

"I promise," she whispered back, cradling the snowflake in her hands. I smiled and backed away from her as her mother now turned her attention to her.

"Good day," I said to her mother and then I walked away from them, but I couldn't help but overhear Angela tell her mother what happened. Of course, her mother pretended to believe and they went on their way.

In about ten minutes of walking the opposite way other people were, I finally found my secret hiding place. It was a little ways away from where all the shops were located, so not many people come this way, which made it a great place to think to myself.

I sat down and looked over the view of beautiful Colorado. I used to come up here with Anthony. We dated for more than three years before we had a big fight that ended it. Three months later, I found out that he and his best friend, Charlie Beaker, started to work for Derek, the person I have been running from since my parents died in a car accident when I was eighteen. We started dating when I was sixteen and ended when I was nineteen and a half. Now that I am twenty-one, I have been hiding from them for a little over a year.

Of course, Anthony never knew that I had been running from someone, but he finally found out when Derek sent him on a mission to capture me. I never found out why Darek chose Anthony to find me or even how he found him.

Anthony found me afterward and warned me that he was ordered to bring me in, so I took off to pack my things and moved somewhere new. One thing has always bugged me, though. Why did Anthony let me go the first time when he could've just grabbed me right then? Now, he seems determined to take me in.

I have been hiding all over America, but I always come back here to visit and remember the great life I had with Anthony. The truth is that I, Felicity Quinn, still love him. And he will always have a piece of my heart, whether I like it or not.

Tears welled up in my eyes. I had to stop thinking about this stuff. I took a deep breath and slowly let it out. The tears were drying up as I stared out into the view in front of me.

"Still as beautiful as ever," someone said behind me.

I jumped to my feet as soon as I heard the voice. I knew that voice better than anyone. I turned around and was face to face with Anthony.

Author's Note:

This was one of my favorite stories to start . . . and never finish. Still would love to pick up the story where I left of, but until then . . . 

Keep guessing! More to come.

Blessings!