2

"Monique, if you would've seen that man, you would've melted on the floor like I did." Kourtney tells Monique about Harry. "And Rylee was standing next to him like he was some guy– oh my god, and his accent." Kourtney continues to gush.

"Kourtney, please stop talking about him like that." I groan out in annoyance. I walk out of the bathroom, pulling on some jeans that went with my blouse. "He might be coming tonight with his wife, so don't make it weird."

"Me?" Kourtney gasps. "Says the girl wearing a shirt that highlights her cleavage."

"I like that shirt." Monique defends. "And she's single. If she wants to show off her boobs then let her, they look nice."

"Thank you," I sit next to her and give her a big hug then rest my head on her shoulder. "I really miss you around here."

"See, this is why people thought you were lesbians in high school." Kourtney gets up from the chair to go to her room. She comes back out in another outfit other than her work uniform. "Finally, I feel like me again."

It was time to head out for dinner and Harry still hadn't called me. I try to forget about him all the way to the restaurant. If he hadn't called by now he's not coming so I should stop thinking about it.

"Rylee, are you okay?" Monique snaps me back.

"Yeah, just thinking about my lesson for tomorrow?" I lie then order a drink for myself.

"Do you want to tell us more about this new teacher?" Monique leans forward, eagerly waiting for my response. "I haven't seen you like this about a guy since Z-"

"Please don't," I shake my head, not sure how to feel about him right now. I just don't feel like having a headache thinking about where it went wrong. "It's over with him, I'm moving on."

"And cheers to that." Kourtney says, holding an empty hand up. "Once we get our drinks, we should cheer to that."

"I want to focus on my career. I don't have time to fool around, especially with married men."

"What's your bet?" Kourtney nods at Monique.

"Bet for what?" I ask, glancing between the two.

"Until he bones you." Monique answers for her and they both start laughing. "I wish I could see him. I want to give an estimate on what his size could be."

I gasp. "That's gross, Monique."

"Rylee, we all know you could use some dick right now, so why don't you get some." Kourtney says as if it was supposed to be obvious to me. "Time to try something new."

"Okay, one last time, me and–" I pause, unsure of what to call him. "This Harry guy are just coworkers. I will not sleep with him."

Right then, someone coughs softly behind me. All of our eyes move to the man, standing there awkwardly with a smile.

"Hello ladies," he greets my friends, shaking their hands. "Harry Styles, new in town."

"We met earlier." Kourtney still shakes his hand and stays holding it for a moment too long. "From The Dot."

"Oh yes," he chuckles, sitting next to me "You're Rylee's roommate."

"Mr. Styles," Monique shifts in her seat, her eyes looking like she's eating him up. "You're a teacher?"

"I am," he simply says. "I'm also the new coach for the volleyball team."

Both of their eyes widen and they look at each other then me and Harry.

"You replaced coach Gregory?" Monique asks, obviously in shock. "That man was a creep."

"All of you knew coach Gregory?" Harry looks over at me.