Valentino x reader pt.2🦋

Again, thank you for the request!
I hope y'all have been well C:
I had a McDonalds today (ò_óˇ) unrelated but I thought I'd let y'all know
————————————————————————
You approached the door to Valentino's lounge sheepishly. There wasn't exactly any other choice. Money had been especially tight this month, with the only shop owner for miles having raised his prices for no apparent reason. So here you were, going to the big boss to ask for a raise, or some extra pocket change for today, or something.... Taking a final deep breath, you approached the door and forced yourself to knock before you could have any more second thoughts.
"Uh-huh?"
You entered. To one side of the opposite end of the room was a long, pricey-looking sofa, upon which Valentino had stretched himself along. He looked up from his phone coolly.
"What is it?"
You swallowed before you began speaking. "Well... I just wanted to ask you if, uh..." you dropped your gaze awkwardly to your feet, which you shifted on. "...I could have some... funds? N-not for, uh, for what I'm working on right now, but for... for me."
Valentino switched off his phone and set it down beside him as he sat up. "So you want me to lend you some money?"
"Well, yes... the shop prices have risen, you see, and, well— you probably know that— I don't know when they'll fall, and I can't pay rent this month if they don't budge, and..."
He leant back in his seat. "You want a raise." He sighed. You could feel his piercing gaze studying your furrowed brow for a few long moments. "Come here."
You looked up timidly. Valentino's expression was unusually soft and sympathetic. Encouraged, you moved towards him until you stood a pace or two away from him. To your heightened surprise, he took your arm and tugged you forwards sharply, so that you lost your balance and fell towards him. Catching you with ease, he hoisted you onto his lap. He held you against him with a gentleness that could have allowed you to break away had you wanted to. He lowered his head until it rested lightly on the crown of your head.
"I think your group is the lowest paid here." He pulled back a little to meet your wide-eyed stare. "Not because you're the worst, but because your director's the biggest ass out of all of them."
You couldn't help but smirk and nod your agreement. Val rested a hand on top of your head and guided it closer to him, which you welcomed with wholeheartedness and giddy relief. He sighed again.
"You can have your raise. Just don't tell anyone about it, 'kay, sugar?"
You frowned a little. "I'd feel bad about it..."
"Sweetheart, don't worry. If you hear them complanin', just tell them to come to me. I'll give 'em a loan if it makes 'em happy, I suppose. Except the bullshitter." Valentino took a cigarette out and turned it the right way round with practiced, calculated precision, lit it, then took a lungful of smoke. He breathed it out slowly, then offered it to you, a light smile playing on his lips. You politely declined, and settled yourself down, comfortably shrouded in warming faux fur. A few long, calm moments later, you hear his voice rumble in your ears from his chest.
"I think you're my favourite out of all of those fools."
A blossom of flattered happiness caused a smile to bloom on your face, from ear to ear. You forced it down again, though, when Val lifted his hand from your head and cupped it under your side to lift you away, bashful of your own joy. You stood with your hands clasped in front of you, looking expectantly at him, who was picking up his phone again.
"Run along, then. You don't want to get behind with filming, do you?"
You nodded vigorously, uttered a 'thank you', then turned and walked back out of the lounge, trying not to walk too quickly despite your newfound energy.
Outside, you stifled a squeal.
                                        ~~~
Ngl, I struggled for ideas in terms of situation for this one, and had to reread part of Angel's backstory comic to remind myself of how Valentino speaks!  Think it turned out alright tho??
If the requester would like any edits feel free to ask!