Valentino x reader 🦋

I swear- I was so stuck on what to write AA- I think I've got something tho, and um so yes-
I got back after a literal month and people were beINg SO nIcE and I was just GhOstInG THEMMmM I'M SO SORRY-
Ok so ya hope y'all enjoy this one :'3 Valentino is best boy don't @ me
I've had this draft for a while, but my motivation, general life and internet said no
I'm ima write-y mood so ima edit everything and make it less b a d too
————————————————————————

(Y/n) sat quietly in their seat, staring blankly forwards as they day-dreamt. Another day survived, now only the journey back to the studio— the better half. The better half not because it didn't require work, or nothing that could annoy their boss— because Val was there, put simply. He usually ignored (Y/n) throughout the day, though accompanied them to the shootings, so (Y/n) had somehow grown on his uninterested, indifferent self. During the longer, more stressful days, Valentino sitting, apparently oblivious to all the fuss, perfectly calm, was a refreshing change. Sometimes, the directors could be strict, or bossy, or put too much of their own fantasy into it... and Valentino would set them straight. (Y/n) would always watch with satisfaction as they were shouted down, as they fumbled with their words and struggled with their arguments. (Y/n) knew full well of Valentino's usually violent treatment towards his employees despite the common theme of desperation, but they'd never experienced it themselves. It's because he knows I'm doing what I can to make the most money, they'd always thought, and I stay out of his way— and do as I'm told! He doesn't need to worry me with anything, or punish me! Which was true enough. A rut in the poorly-kept road jolted (Y/n) out of their dazed state, and their deep (e/c) eyes flicked over her surroundings once more— the limbo. They looked, round-eyed, up to their left at Valentino, who was flicking through his phone. A fluttering in their chest curved their mouth into a soft smile. A surge of daring drove them to sneak another glance at his gently glowing red eyes, and then a flare of panic and awkwardness to lower that glance.
"...What?" Valentino's voice was rough, though dulled with surprising quiet, and pressed firm in (Y/n)'s ears, as if they'd been massaged.
(Y/n) shifted. "Nothing, Val."
"Mm-hm?"
"Mm-hm."
Val turned back to his phone and raised his eyebrows. Light mirth glittered among the scarlet. (Y/n) shifted again, hugging their sides, and mumbled "sorry," still without raising their head.
"You only looked at me." He murmured.
(Y/n) made no comment, only lowered their chin and glowered at the floor. Moments of silence passed. Unexpectedly, they felt themselves falling sideways, and raised their arms to try and pull themselves back upright, but to no avail. It was too late— they were leaning on Val. They were, for a moment, too lost in their own bashfulness to realise that Valentino's arm was wrapped around their waist, and he had pulled them closer. He made no move to look at them or comment. (Y/n) looked, with that same childlike air, at Valentino, who glanced over, tender-heartedness showing through the apparent disregard. (Y/n) hesitantly looked away and tentatively leaned against him, their arms both overlapping the arm in which they were held. The faux fur on Valentino's coat and the soft velvet bushed up around them and encased them in a fluffy border. The result was that (Y/n) was covered in a haze of Valentino's warmth. They sank into it, the rose-tinted glasses they already saw Val through thickening to an opaque degree. Their heart beat hard in their chest as if it had never been worked in its life when Val then lifted (Y/n) into his lap and wrapped the folds of his coat around them.
                                    ~~~
They were stunned— confused— by what Valentino was doing: he'd never shown any affection before this! Why should he only just now—
"You're the only one in this damn place who can listen to an instruction and follow it."
(Y/n) opened their mouth, but no sound came out. Val set his phone to one side, then rested his chin on (Y/n)'s head, his lean back hunching to achieve this. He sighed, his hot breath rolling down their face. They tensed, then whipped around and flung their arms around his torso. He stared, his arms raised, for a surprised moment before returning the gesture. (Y/n)'s reality was nothing but Valentino, for those sweet minutes— his heartbeat, his scent, his warmth. The moment seemed to end quicker than it had started, with Valentino nudging (Y/n) with increasing sharpness until they let off, and found them already back at the studio. Valentino was back on his phone, and they felt bleary. Had they fallen asleep?
"We're goin' back in." Valentino told them with little emotion. They felt crushed for a moment, as if it had meant nothing to him, before they looked up and saw his usually sharp gaze grazed blunt as it locked with their own. They  stumbled out of the limousine with a light heart at the end of that day.
                                        ~~~

Merry Christmas y'all!! Hope ya haven't been waitin too long (*'∀`*) I'm going to make an announcement on this later on, but as you can probably tell, I've started to move away from the Hazbin hotel fandom so I don't know if this book will be taking any more requests Q-Q HoWeVer- I may still update from time to time, m a y - if I feel like Hazbin needs some extra love. Thanks for readin and I hope y'all enjoyed. Ima make sure I haven't accidentally ghosted anyone now 👍
Cya peeps, thanks one last time for support, and eat ya greens 👺✨