001 ― Budapest

2016 New York

Nikita Romanoff was currently in New York. She had just left London, and she saw on the news that her friends Steve and Katherine Rogers, along with their kids Amaya and Christian, and her sister Natasha were fugitives and on the run. In contrast, her other friends, Sam Wilson, and Wanda Maximoff were locked up with a guy she didn't know named Scott Lang. 

Nikita had been looking for Thor because she hadn't seen him since they fought against Ultron in Sokovia. When Ross mentioned him during the debate about The Accords and called him a dangerous weapon, she was pissed. So she thought in her head to Christian and Amaya since they're telepathic to tell their parents and her sister she was going after Thor.

She's only been searching for a few months but still had no luck. She tried London because she knew her former colleague Jane Foster was still doing some work there, and Nikita asked if Jane had picked up on any anomalous readings, which Jane said she hadn't. Nikita didn't know what she hoped to find in New York, but she didn't know where else to look.

As she was walking down the street and about to catch a cab to the Avengers Facility Upstate to figure out what was going on and ask Tony if he knew anything, her phone started ringing. "Hello?" She asked since there was no Caller ID.

"Nic... are you somewhere secure?" The voice of her twin sister Natasha Romanoff came through the phone.

"Are you? I've seen the news. What the hell did I miss?" Nikita asked.

"A lot... and I'll catch you up as soon as you get to Budapest," Natasha said, and Nikita's eyes widened.

"Budapest?" Nikita asked. She hadn't thought about that country in a long time, not since what happened there when she and Natasha were finally freed from The Red Room and brought to S.H.I.E.L.D. by Clint Barton, Katherine Moretti, and Nick Fury, although Clint had been sent out on orders to kill them. "Why are you in Budapest?" She asked.

"I was in Norway... until I was attacked... but the attacker wasn't after me. Look, I don't know much, but I know one thing. Yelena's involved." Natasha said. Nikita froze on the sidewalk, and her eyes widened.

"Yelena's alive?" Nikita whispered. After Dreykov separated them from her in Cuba, Nikita had no idea what had happened to her. She knew she was in The Red Room, but she didn't get to see her much over the years, and if she did, she didn't feel anything about it because of the conditioning.

"You didn't think she'd survive?" Natasha asked.

"I don't know... Okay, I'll get on the first plane out. Where am I meeting you?" Nikita asked.

"You know where. See you soon."

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

After a long flight, Nikita met her sister at the safe house in Budapest she knew that Natasha was referring to. It was here that Clint Barton and Katherine Moretti found them. As they walked through the building to find the guns they hid, Natasha gave Nikita the quick rundown on everything that happened with The Accords after she left.

The explosion at the U.N., how Zemo framed Steve and Katherine's friend Bucky for the murder, the airport battle between the Avengers, and how she let Steve, Katherine, and Bucky go so they could stop Zemo and The Winter Soldier program. She said she had to momentarily disable the King of Wakanda to let them go free, and that's what got her in trouble.

And then she told her about Norway and being attacked and the vials that she was attacked over; she said she didn't know what the vials were, but since the pictures were with them, and she knows Nikita didn't send her the vials, Yelena was the only other option.