006 ― The Red Room [2]

2016 The Red Room

Natasha and Nikita Romanoff were still in Dreykov's office, stunned by the network he had pulled up on the screen. The faces of millions of young girls that Dreykov can traffic whenever he wants. "It's my network of widows that help me control the scales of power. One command, the oil and stock markets crumble. One command and a quarter of the planet will starve. My widows can start and end wars. They can make and break kings." Dreykov said.

"You control all of that from here?" Natasha asked.

"And with you girls. Two Avengers under my control, I can finally come out of the shadows using the only natural resource that the world has too much of... Girls." Dreykov said. One by one, black and white pictures of young girls started flashing across the screen, and Nikita felt sick to her stomach. Dreykov didn't care about anything but power, and he was willing to take away millions of girls from their families and kill the majority of them since a lot of them won't survive the training it takes to become a widow.

"All from that little console?" Natasha said as she turned around to face him.

"Yeah," Dreykov said, and that's when the girls knew they had him. As they walked over to his desk, they had smiles on their faces. "Oh, you two find this amusing? Why are you smiling?" Dreykov asked. The girls shook their heads; the smiles still spread across their faces.

"Don't take it personally, but, uh... Thank you for your cooperation." Nikita said as she looked at him. The girls had done exactly what Melina instructed them to do when they put together the plan.

FLASHBACK

"Even if you locate the database and get him to show you the key, you won't be able to take it from him. For years, Dreykov has implemented a pheromonal lock in all widows, even me. So, as long as we can smell him, then we won't be able to hurt him." Melina said, which made Natasha and Nikita laugh.

"Okay, so we'll hold our breath," Natasha said.

"Not enough. This is basic science. Girls, to block the receptors in the olfactory center, you...-" Nikita cut her off because she knew what she was going to say.

"...-We have to sever the nerve," Nikita said. Melina looked at her as she traced over the nerve on Natasha's face and nodded her head. "You're not the only scientist in the family," Nikita said. Melina slightly smiled at her words, and then Nikita looked at her sister. Natasha met her eyes and smirked.

"We can handle that."

PRESENT

"Like we said earlier, you weren't quite strong enough, so... we'll have to finish it ourselves," Nikita said as she started looking around for something she could use to sever her nerve. Natasha gave her a look, and they knew their only option was to slam their heads onto Dreykov's desk, and Nikita shrugged her shoulders while nodding. Dreykov laughed as he looked at them.

"And what are you girls going to do?" Dreykov asked. Without answering, the twins simultaneously slammed their heads down onto Dreykov's desk, leaving a mark of their blood on his desk.

"Sever the nerve," Natasha said. When Dreykov realized this, he quickly reached for his tablet, but Nikita placed her hand on top of his to stop them, and then she punched him hard, which knocked him out of his seat. She didn't stop him fast enough, though. He was able to hit the alarm button, and now all of his widows would be making their way to his office to protect him.

Nikita noticed that Dreykov's office started shaking. She quickly put the pieces together. Dreykov put in an override when Melina tried to put in the landing protocol. That means Melina must've taken out one of the engines so that they would crash because that was the only other thing that Melina could do to ensure a crash.