004 ― Melina

2016 St. Petersburg, Russia

"So, are we there yet?" Yelena asked. The four of them walked in silence towards where Alexei claims that Melina lives. However, Nikita still had no idea where they were, how close Melina's house was, or whether Alexei's information was correct and reliable.

"You'll know when we're there," Alexei said, and then he started snorting like a pig. Nikita was able to piece together that meant Melina must be doing some kind of work with pigs. As they got closer to her property, Melina got a notification on her tablet that someone was closing in, and she went to grab her sniper rifle, but when she looked through the lens and saw two redheads, one blonde and a man. She immediately lowered the sniper, knowing that Natasha, Nikita, Yelena, and Alexei were there.

When they all approached the fence and saw Melina on the other side, she was awestruck. She was mainly awestruck seeing the girls. Nikita remembers how Melina apologized to them when they went to Cuba because she knew that the girls knew they were going back to the Red Room.

Nikita has always somewhat understood Melina's plight. Melina is a widow herself, meaning that she's also under Dreykov's control, and she's been conditioned to obey. But Alexei... as a super-soldier, he could've done something to stop Dreykov, and he could've protected all of them.

Melina was happy to see the girls alive because ever since that day in Cuba when she knew they were going back to the Red Room, she always worried about them throughout the years, and Nikita could see it on her face as she looked at them. Relief to see the girls were alive. Alexei cleared his throat before speaking.

"Honey, we're home."

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

"Welcome to my humble abode," Melina said as she led them into her house. "Make yourself at home. Let's have a drink." Melina said. Alexei went straight to the living room while Natasha and Nikita followed Melina back to where she was putting her gun away. It looked like a pantry, but it was actually a weapons room when Melina moved the shelf out of the way.

"Hey, no funny business," Natasha said to her.

"I am putting away my weapon," Melina said as she looked at the girls and set her gun down. Natasha nodded her head and started to walk off, but Nikita was more hesitant. She didn't know whether or not Melina would contact people connected to Dreykov, saying that three of his former and his best widows were all in one place. When Melina was finished, she walked out of her weapons room to find Natasha and Nikita in the kitchen.

"Any booby traps around here? Anything we need to know about?" Nikita asked.

"I didn't raise my girls to fall into traps," Melina said.

"You didn't raise us at all," Natasha responded.

"Oh, maybe so. But, if you got soft, it wasn't on my watch." Melina said, and Nikita rolled her eyes as they left the room. The women all sat at the dinner table because Melina had prepared dinner, while Alexei tried to put on his Red Guardian suit in the bathroom. They could all hear him grunting, and then Melina grabbed the bottle she had. "Let's drink."

When Alexei walked out of the bathroom, he cleared his throat, which turned their attention to him, and Nikita rolled her eyes when she saw the outfit. "Still fits." He said.

"Looks like a Steve Rogers knock-off. I wish I had my phone so I could send this to Katherine." Nikita said as she shook her head. Alexei let out a wolf whistle, and Yelena rolled her eyes while Melina started clapping.

"Oh my god," Yelena said.

"I never washed it once. Come and drink." Melina said as she unscrewed the cap from the bottle and started to pour drinks out for everyone while Alexei began singing.