Chapter 4

Lauren’s POV

After the day I asked Camila to be my girlfriend, we were inseparable. We spent as much time as we could with each other. Everyone at my school noticed it because I started to skip school meetings. Every time we had an event at school I would always forget to do my part. What can I say I was hooked on Camila; it’s like if she was my drug.

I was with Camila on a school bench. She was sitting on my lap while I had my hands wrapped around her waist. We stole kisses here and there but we mainly just talked. “Babe, you know I love to be here with you but I have to go.. come on Camz don’t make that face” I said as I kiss her check and moved to her neck.

“No, its okay I will just fine some other girl to kiss me since you have to leave” she tried containing her laugh because I started tickling her. “Babe! Stop, you know I’m ticklish”

I stop and got up from the bench and looked at her with a sad smile “Really Camz I need to go. I’ll see you tonight ok?” I saw her get up with a small pout “Awe, come here cutie and give your girlfriend a kiss good bye” we kissed a couple of more times before I actually left.

There was a huge Play-off game at my school for basketball and as class president I had to make sure the event would be the best time for everyone. Basketball was what my school was known for. So after school I walk into the meeting room to discuss the organization of the event. But of course I was late; I blame Camila and her beautiful perfect lips.  As soon as I walk in everyone is staring at me, they looked angry.

“What you doing here Jauregui?.. You’re no longer welcome here.” A familiar voice said to me coming from the meeting table.

I was frustrated, how are they going to tell me I’m not welcome, I’m the one who runs the meetings. “What the heck are you talking about Jade? What’s this about”

“Maybe you should ask your little friend Camila; ever since she came into the picture you’ve ignored everyone, as if we don’t exist. Face it you have other things to do then to run school events… so you’re out” she said as everyone else nodded in agreement. I’d never been so mad in my life.  I didn’t argue I just slammed the door and walked out.

------------

I went to go visit Camila just like I said I would. When I came into her room she was cutting and gluing pictures onto her poster board as she had lying on her bed. I remembered her project was due tomorrow. I kissed her and lay on the bed next to the poster and sighed. I didn’t think it was too loud until Camila commented on it.

“Lo, is something wrong? Did something happen at the meeting?” I could hear the concern in her voice. I knew it was a bad idea to come here. I don’t her getting worried about what happened. I cannot tell her what happened; especially they removed me from my position in the first place.

“Nothing babe, I left the meeting early that’s all” I wasn’t completely lying to her. But I left guilty right away not being able to tell her the truth. This would hurt her feelings if I do. I’m protecting her right?

I knew I couldn’t get away with it though. Camila knew me too well. I saw her close her glue and put the poster on the floor. She sat next to me and held my hand “Laur, you can tell me anything you know that right? That’s the reason you made me your girlfriend. I’m here to support you. Tell me that’s bothering you”

I exhaled deeply before I told her everything. “I.. well I was removed from being class present. They think I have other priorities then to manage activities at school. Don’t worry about it, it’s nothing Camz. Ok?”

“No babe! It’s not nothing, they can’t do that! What other priorities do you have other than that? You’re always so dedicated. I don’t understand” as she spoke her hand squeezed mine tighter. 

“Come here” I motioned for her to sit in front of me. Her back was now resting against my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her head. “They think that I’m too busy with you I can’t help out anymore.. But before you say anything, I don’t care anymore. All I care is that I have you. Now I will have more time to spend with you. So please don’t read into this. Just let me hold you”

I heard her sigh. “I don’t want you giving up something you love to do for me Lo. It’s okay if we spend less time together. We still have the weekends.” She tried compromising instead of arguing. How could she be more perfect?

She rested her head on my shoulder and I kissed her forehead. “No baby, what’s done is done, they don’t want me I’m not going back to them. I want to be here with you. Please believe me when I say I’m okay as long as I have you.” I would take it as she believed me because she didn’t comment anything about it anymore. We just second the rest of the night talking and helping her finishes the project.

------------

Things started changing around school for me. My social life wasn’t the same anymore. I practically didn’t have one anyways. The only people I would really interact with were Camila, Dinah and Normani. Every time I walked past the hall way I wasn’t greeted anymore, hardly anyone would talk to me. Maybe it was me and not the school. Ever since I got basically kicked out of my position as class president I gave up on the school as a whole. Camila was everything I had. I was perfectly okay with that.

A week passed since I was removed from class president. I was sitting with Camila at lunch our friends Normani and Dinah. I was giving little butterfly kiss on Camila’s cheek. Mostly because she giggled and nothing else made me smiles more than Camila’s laugh. “Lauren, stop, please. I need to eat” Camila said in-between laughs.

“Seriously dawg, you need to remember that were here too” Dinah looked at Normani “Can’t they be cute somewhere else?” Normani smiled and started eating. Before anyone could respond Jade came.

“Jauregui can’t you see that even your own friends don’t ship you, so why don’t you just do us and this whole school a favor and dump her and go back to where you belong.” I was heated; I wanted to punch her in the face right then and there.

I think Camila noticed and took my hand and caressed it with her thumb “Babe, its fine just ignore her she’s not worth it” Lauren sat back down trying to bit her tongue.

“Oh wow, who would have known Lauren takes orders from little Miss Camila... Hey guys, look our little Lauren here is whipped.” Everyone started making whip sounds.

I couldn’t take it anymore; she got up and yelled into Jade’s face “You know what, yes I’m whipped. So what!? That’s what happens when you fall in love. You do things to please others, because for once you care more about them then yourself. You wouldn’t know anything about love or probably ever get to experience it because you have a heart that’s colder then ice. Now leave us alone before you I smack some sense into you, and you know I won’t hesitate this time”

Everyone was silent. The tone in my voice seemed to scare all the people around me. I couldn’t be any more serous at this moment and Jade knew what I was capable of so she left. I sat back down trying to cool myself off. I was worried I took it too far and scared Camila because she never seen me like this. Yes she’s heard things about me but never witness them herself.

As soon as I look up to meet everyone’s eyes I saw Normani and Dinah staring at me with shock. It was as if they’d seen a ghost. This was bad; I slowly turn to look at Camila who looked more shocked then everyone else.

Before I could ask Camila face went from shock to a gentle surprised smiled “You.. you love me?” That’s when I realized, I confessed my love for Camila, in front of the school. I never told her properly how I felt about her. Not yet. I never actually told anyone besides my family that I loved them.

I smiled and grabbed her hands and interlaced them with mine. I looked straight into her eyes. “Yeah Camz, I do. I love you.” I repeated and with that her lips met mine. It was slow and soft but very passionate. We didn’t care if the whole world saw, in that moment nothing else mattered then the girl I was kissing. When she pulled away she whispered back “I love you too Laur”