Chapter 39

Just saw today that this story is #8 in Harry.... WHAT THE HECK!

Faye's POV:

We made it back to the room without anyone seeing us. I'm not sure where all Nik's men are but I am thankful they weren't roaming around. I was so stupid to make Harry take me down there.

I was so fucking stupid.

Harry made sure not to touch me as we walked in the hall due to the cameras that were up in the corners of the walls. It makes me think back to before Harry took me to the basement, when he was about to kiss me. Did the cameras see us? I fucking hope not.

The entire way back I kept my eyes down to the ground, up until we reached the bedroom door. Harry had opened it and let me, checking both ways down the hallway before stepping in behind me. When I hear the door click I let out a breath and turn to him.

"I'm sorry." I apologize as I rub my hands over my face. "I should have minded my business and not let curiosity take over. I was so stupid."

He lets out a sigh as he walks over to me. "Yes, you should have minded your own business Faye but I shouldn't have taken you down there. I was just worried that you would actually go down there by yourself and I know you couldn't have handled that on your own."

He stops his feet in front of me, taking my hands into his. I watch as his thumb gently brushes over my skin, going back and forth.. "Seeing as you had to talk me out of a panic attack, I would agree."

My shoulders slump and I let my head fall back, staring at the ceiling. The images of those women keep creeping into my mind, especially the woman that came to the window begging for help and I know that they will never go away. My body was so tense at the thoughts but then softened when I felt Harry's lips on my neck. The kiss was gentle and warm pulling a hum from my throat.

"You need to learn how to listen, Faye." His mouth trails up to my ear. "Sometimes people tell you not to do something for your safety." He places a kiss underneath my ear then pulls away. I open my eyes to find him looking down at me,  brows furrowed. "Can you promise me that you'll start listening?"

"Yes." I answer. I don't want to see anything else that will scar me for life but then again, my new lifestyle is the Mafia and who knows the shit I will see. His head leans forward and he places a soft kiss on my lips.

"Good girl." I feel him smile against me. "I need to go take care of some stuff, okay? I'll try to come up here later but Nik is probably expecting me to leave to head back to the house today."

"Okay." I nod my head.

He kisses me once more then steps away, reaching the door then turning one more time to get one last look at me. A small smile creeps on his mouth but suddenly it disappears as if he was trying to hide it. I don't know what has been going on with him lately. He has been nicer than normal and maybe it's because he feels bad that I am here. That I have to deal with this shit. It scares me though because I'm afraid he will flip a switch at any moment and become mean again.

I head to the bathroom, ready for that shower NIk told me to take earlier, to wash everything from the day off of my body. But before I head into the bathroom, I lock the door because the last thing I want is for Nik to come in here when I am completely naked. Now that I am safely locked in the room, I undress and turn the shower on.

Waiting for the water to warm up before stepping in. I watch as the glass becomes fogged by the heat going into a daze still thinking about everything I saw today. Making myself snap out of it, I finally enter the shower to see all the necessities I would need are sitting on the shelf in the shower. I pop open the shampoo and bring it up to my nose, taking in the lavender scent. With lavender being a calming scent, let's hope this will help me relax.