32. First Win

First Written: 12. 08. 2021.

Edited: 01. 11. 2023.

(Y/n)'s p.o.v

With that we started the strategy over with trying to hit Leshawna- that worked out easier than hitting Weeza as she was out instantly. "This is so unacceptable!" Heather yells out angrily as I see Tyler coming in out of the corner of my eye. Duncan hugs me though saying "looks like you're stuck with me for a while longer, Missy." "More like you're stuck with me either way, like I'm letting go of you if you lose" I say and peck his cheek. He blushed as I chuckle and escape his hold 'we are now tied 2-2... I wonder how this could go.'

We're all huddled up again as Duncan is the one to say "okay, who's going in?" Harold spoke up which got us all looking at him. "I think it's my turn" were his words until Courtney was ready to instantly shut him down. "No way! We actually have a chance to win this" she told him off, so he only nods and sits down. I sigh a bit annoyed as we pick teams... though at this point we're not doing the strategy to actually give them a chance. That and Chris said that was too illegal of a move to pull just to win, so.. now we're just playing a regular game.

Right now out on the court is Gwen, Cody, Heather, Owen and Leshawna for the Gophers - for my team... I stopped paying attention. It felt like the game was going on forever, everyone was playing- except for Noah who kept reading. Everything felt as if it was going from one thing to another real quick, someone threw a ball right at Noah. After that Sadie got in just to get right back out, Harold finally got in but was sent to the back. Gwen hit Courtney out for hitting her with that food this morning (Leshawna laughed about it).

Geoff and Leshawna ended up being easily getting out- but then they decided to pick on Duncan as he got hit with three different balls. He fell down as he looks in pain, so my eyes widen as I glare at the other group saying "oh wow. Nice, all in the face too!" With that I go down to him and help him sit up, he groans as he looks at me. Then I help him back to sit down, Cody saved Weeza from getting hit- he also got hit where the sun don't shine for that. Pathetically both DJ and Gwen hit the other out at the same time, and DJ needed carried out.

The only two left were Owen and Harold- 'oh no, we are so screwed' I think as I look down at the two, each had five balls. Though we all know that Harold can't throw as Owen can, the Gophers started cheering happily at this. Owen was looking at Harold as he said a few things- I couldn't really hear, but he grabs four of the five balls. "Goodnight, Harold" Duncan says as he puts his hand to his forehead, so I groan saying "this is it." Looking forward again though I see that Harold is looking just as determined as Owen.

He threw two balls at once at Harold, then he threw a third one right after- my eyes widen as I watch Harold easily dodge the three. Owen winded up his arm and then threw the ball, Harold leaned back and somehow still dodged the ball. 'Oh my gosh- I have got to have Weeza or Harold teach me how to dodge shit that easily, that looks so cool.' Courtney called for a timeout and Harold sat down, DJ rubs his shoulders as he has a towel around his neck. "Man, you got some dodge, dude" I say as I nudge him softly with my foot, Bridgette has a water bottle in her hands.

Harold opened his mouth and she sprayed the water into his mouth, Tyler was in front of him as he was holding a bucket too. Once Bridgette stopped spraying water Harold looked forward and spat out the water- right in Tyler's face. I tried not to laugh at that "where'd you learn to do that?" Duncan asks, so Harold is smiling. "Figure skating" was his answer, so I softly facepalm "Harold, that was awesome! But dodging isn't enough." "He's right, to win this you either have to throw him out" Courtney agreed with Geoff and kept talking.

I softly roll my eyes as both me and Duncan say "which we all know you can't do" Courtney then says "or catch the ball. Can you do it?" Harold nods once saying "definitely" more water got sprayed in his mouth. Though he still sprayed it out right onto Tyler before shrugging off the towel and going back to the court. Gophers cheered for Owen - the two are sharing a look as we start chanting for Harold to do this. Owen is winding up his arm again before he threw the ball right at Harold- and it hit hard.

It hit so hard that Harold's feet were off the floor and his back was against the glass, the ball is against his chest as he slides down to the floor. Duncan gasps as he stands up, we're all basically looking forward in anticipation- wondering if he caught it or not. He was huddled up in a bit of a ball before he held up the dodgeball with one hand, so I side smile. Chef blew the whistle and Chris yells out "the Killer Bass win!!" We start cheering happily at this. DJ and Duncan have Harold up on their shoulders as he follows them outside happily.

"Nice dodge, Skater-nerd" Duncan congratulates Harold as we walk out, we carried him all the way to the cabins and set him down. "Now I'm gettin some sleep, don't wake me up unless you're Missy" Duncan says as he walks away. I chuckle at this and just go back to my own cabin, just feeling a bit tired from that entire game myself. Though I just am gonna lay down while looking up... just letting myself get lost in thought. 'Maybe I'll stop by the firepit later to see who gets voted out... if it isn't Noah, they really are stupid.'

Tbc

Okay that's it my wonderful foodies~ Now I hope I can serve you another chapter again soon!

~ILoveFood