Chapter 6

"You know I should have won an Oscar for that!" She pumped her fists in the air and I laghed along with her.

"Yeah. I've got to admit, you did a pretty good job with that." She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Let's start with the cake." said Britta as she put on her apron and started removing all the packets from the bag. By the looks, she was very tired and her eyes felt droopy. But I decided to be quite as I didn't wantvher voice box to come alive again.

I read my watch. 11:30. Way to go Ed!

"Can you take the eggs out of the fridge, and also the vanilla?" She asked me and I nodded my head.

She broke the eggs and added vanilla and vinegar oil to the bowl of yolk. She looked so focused and determined and most importantly, she didn't utter a word.

In no time, the cake was in the oven. It was round in shape and the 'Hulk' had added pieces of almonds and cashews to give a crunchy taste to the cake. In 45 minutes or so, the cake would be ready. Of course, a single layered chocolate cake was not at all acceptable at a huge engagement party. But, something is better than nothing right?

And like me, my brother loved chocolate.

"So, what do you do?" I asked her.

"I am not allowed to tell strangers." She whispered. "Specially not the one who shop lift." I winked at her.

"Ah! Come on, you were totally enjoying it. Now just tell me what do you do."

"Well, I bake, duh." She rolled her eyes. "And I am 19, so I go to college and am an art major." She added. "What about you?"

"Well, I graduated from the Florida University of Arts and I am 21, so I'm grown-up"

"So, you just sit at home all day long saying that you're grown up?" She frowned at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Well, have you ever heard about the Dancaholic Studios?" I asked her.

"Well yeah, I have heard about it somewhere."

"That's my signature dance studio. A couple of blocks away from here?" I replied and she smiled at me. "I teach and choreograph hip-hop"

"That's amazing. You've gotta teach me dancing " She squealed and I chuckled at her enthusiasm.

"Sure. Just remember to bring your tracks, not your apron."

"Ha, ha. Very comical." She faked out a laugh.

"You want coffee?" She asked me and I nodded my head.

She joined me to sit down on the chair, handing me the cup with the letters,'Vintage Creams' engraved on it.

"So, it's your brother's birthday?" She asked me.

"Wedding party." She literally choked and almost spat the coffee back into the cup.

"Eew! Why did you do that for?" I asked her, looking at the cup with disgust.

"You are going to present this simple, chocolate cake in a wedding party?" She asked me with disbelief. "You've lost your mind." She said, as she set off towards the counter.

"Wait, what are you doing?" I asked her as she took the flour and the bowls out again.

"We need two layers for this. Why didn't you tell me it was for an engagement party?"

I shrugged and she muttered some swear words, which I don't think you really want to hear.

She repeated the whole cycle again. I looked at my watch.

12:30 a.m!

"Don't you want to call your parents?" I asked her and she nodded her head, without even sparing a glance at me.

"I messaged them. I told them that today is the worst day of my life and I've got a cake order when my bakery was about to close." She muttered angrily and I pursed my lips, sighing. "And I have foster parents..." She trailed off.

"Sorry" I murmured.

"You don't need to be. I shouldn't have brought that up. Anyways, they love me a lot and I take them as my own parents so..." She shrugged and continued mixing the ingredients.

Mental note: Do not talk about family in front of the outrageous monster.

"Need any help?" I asked her, raising my eyebrow.

"You won't be able to do it. I bet you." She said and I glared at her. But, she was correct. I wouldn't be able to do it.

"Turn on some music." She said gesturing to the stereo situated next to the counter, near the frames. I took the remote and started it.

"Don't tell me it's freaking One Direction." I frowned at her. "I swear to God they sound like dying walruses." She glared at me.

"Don't you have Flo Rida or Akon songs?" I asked her. "At least it's better to these gay-band songs."

"THEY ARE NOT GAY!" She exclaimed loudly and I grunted in response. "Have you heard their songs? They rock like anything and their music is just out of the world. I literally can't live without them and now I feel you should get run over by a truck." She muttered and I felt like banging my head against the bakery walls.

"YOU HAVE TO STOP TALKING!"

"Whoops! Sorry!"