Chapter 9

After practice, a few of us decided to stay back and just chill on the field and watch the sun set.

We also jumped to the topic of middle eastern guys.

I love this topic because I love slandering them.

Hehe.

Even though at the end of the day I know I'll end up with one and only find myself attracted to them.

"Bruh you guys keep talking about arab guys nah the real toxics are the WOMEN." Moe says and I roll my eyes.

"Puh lease don't even talk you're Yemeni, Yemeni guys are the most toxic guys out there." I say and Haris nods.

"Nah for real though like you guys are on a different LEVEL of toxic, I get so shocked by what some of you be saying." He says and I point at him and say, "See even he knows even though he's falasteeni and y'all toxic too lowkey."

He rolls his eyes and laughs, "Don't even Zara you're literally Lebanese."

Moe starts cackling and I smack his shoulder, "Hey Lebanese women are great.... The men though yeah they're on some other sh*t."

"GIRL NAH THEY NOT EVEN THAT BAD COMPARED TO IRAQI GUYS ESPECIALLY IF THEY'RE CHALADEAN..... Astaghfirullah." Chanel says and I giggle. She's not wrong they have the worst temper and all sorts of anger issues.

By the way I love how she says Mashallah and Astaghfirullah and other Arabic words because of me. I get so happy when my non Muslim or non Arab friends say Arabic words.

Moe starts fiddeling with a ball and says, "Miskeena (poor girl) which Iraqi broke your heart."

She rolls her eyes and snatches the ball from him and sighs.

"I think Lebanese, Iraqi, Palestinian, and Yemeni guys win for being the most toxic middle eastern guys." I say as I lay my head on Chanel's shoulder.

"Yeah I'll show you toxic." Haris says with a smirk and I make a face.

Ew.

"Emirati and North African men are winning though." I say and Chanel nods.

"They're the hottest!"

"Nah Palestinian guys are." Haris says as he does a weird pose.

He's not wrong they are sooo attractive.

Like I won't even lie Haris is good looking. HOWEVER I WOULD NEVER TELL ANYONE THAT.

"Yeah they are not you though." I say to him and he places a hand on his heart pretending to be hurt.

"You keep slandering us poor arab men but you forgetting how Persian guys are." Moe says and I take the ball from Chanel and throw it at him.

"I actually hate you."

Honestly ethnic guys as a whole are nuts.

Ethnic girls though >>>

We are amazing.

"No honestly am I wrong though like they can be toxic yo."

I stare at the sky and admire how the sky slowly changes color. "Yeah I know that better than anyone Moe and you know this knock it off."

I look down and play with my fingers and felt my heart sunk.

I know I'm over it now but it still hurts me sometimes.

Whenever I think of it I feel as if I can't breathe.

I gave all my love away and like I felt so much love towards him. I can't forget that.

I don't think I ever will and I don't know if I'll ever love anyone like that again.

Chanel squeezes my shoulder and gives Moe a look, "I know you're just joking but don't."

I look at Haris and I notice he's studying my face. He definitely is curious about what is going on.

It's none of his business honestly.

I look away and I just admire the sky.

One thing I love about California besides the warm sunny weather are the sunsets.

The sky looks just like a painting right now.

SubhanAllah.

The leaves on the palm trees slowly rustled due to a light breeze.

I remember I'd sit with him here sometimes and I felt a tear roll down my cheek and I wipe it away.

I cannot cry right now. Ugh shut up Zara.

"Hey Zara think fast." I hear a voice say and I look to my right and see a football come my way.

I swiftly catch it with my right hand and smirk. "Cmon Haris you should know that I don't miss."

He raises a brow and then stands up, "Okay then Aaron Rodgers, get up let's run some drills."

I smile and get up.

Football always manages to cheer me up.

It's crazy how he knew that I needed cheering up and that this would make me feel better.

Actually what the hell Zara?

I'm probably reaching. How would he even know I needed cheering up? I'm seriously self obsessed.

I go long and slightly bend my knees and place my hands on them.

"Show me what you got Hadid."

——————————————————————————
End of chapter! Vote, comment, share with your friends and stay tuned for more ilysm. Sorry for the slow updates :( life fr is a mess rn.