XVIII. Spirit

Orlando and Margarita were at a loss for words at the Peterson residence

Orlando and Margarita were at a loss for words at the Peterson residence. The news that they were given was just so incredible. Orlando still had the note given to him by D'Merveille and it seemed that he was about to raise a fuss when his phone rang.

It was Romun.

Orlando began to wonder if the Angelo really was telling the truth.

Reluctantly, Orlando picked up the phone and answered it.

"Hey, Romun," he answered.

"Hey, Orlando," Romun replied.

"Oh, God," Orlando exclaimed. "I guess that means you really are at the North Pole."

"Yep," Romun replied nonchalantly. "How's Maggie?"

"She's fine," Orlando expressed. "She's getting ready for school today. But we've got plenty of time to talk before I go to work."

"Great," Romun replied jovially. "Oh, and D'Merveille wants to speak with you. In fact, you have to bring everyone else on the phone, too."

"I'll try," Orlando muttered.

So, he called for a group chat for Da Mirror, Jones, and Itan to participate in.

"Hey, Orlando," they all replied.

"What's up?" Da Mirror asked.

They didn't seem to mind how early in the morning it was.

Romun explained everything to them as best as he could.

"Whoa," Da Mirror exclaimed. "This is quite a surprise. Holmidae? Angelos? And now, we have holiday entities coming to life?"

"It is a bit of a stretch, I know," Romun admitted.

"A bit?" Jones chortled. "I'm amazed that the holiday spirits were made real in the first place by Jack. What the heck is his gain?"

"Something tells me that Jack might have an ulterior motive behind what he's been doing," Itan surmised. "Sure, there was the prophecy but I thought we already beat Kleftis. Why add more to the prophecy?"

"It's only part of the prophecy," Romun admitted for D'Merveille. "The Book of Prophecies written through the jack-o-lantern is just that. A book. Meaning more prophecies are still to come."

"Right," Jones muttered. "So, it's not over."

"The world needs what people like us can do," Romun answered. "So, it might never be over. But helping others is a great responsibility and I very much enjoy it."

"Yeah, but it's like Mr. Incredible said," Da Mirror began. "No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again." It gets a little frustrating after a while having to clean up the mess evildoers make."

"Ha-ha, yeah," Orlando chuckled unenthusiastically.

"Oh, hold on," Romun uttered. "D'Mort wants to talk with all of you."