Here we are

(3rd Person POV)

"What were you thinking!?"

Ruby looked up to see Wilbur as he blocked the stinger.

"Hurry up! I can't block forever!"

Ruby continued to struggle with her cloak as Wilber blocked strike after strike.

Suddenly, Wilbur sliced her cloak free.

"Go! Our objective is right here! No sense in staying around!" Wilbur's leadership instincts kicked in.

"He's right. Our mission is to grab an artifact and make it back to the Cliffs." Ruby agreed.

"Run and live, that's an idea I can get behind!" Jaune responded.

"I'll try and hold them off for as long as I can! You guys get going!" Wilbur  commanded as he blocked the scorpion again.

"We can't just leave you here!" Ruby protested.

"There's no time to argue! Now get going!"

"Fine, let's go!" Ruby said as she leaped on a boulder and motioned the group onward. Her inner leader coming out.

The group headed out of the forest and into another abandoned series of structures as the giant bird followed them from the air.

Meanwhile, Wilbur blocked attack after attack.

Wilbur then went intangible as the scorpion's strike went through him, and caused it to lose balance.

Wilbur took this opportunity to shove his blade into the head of it before he became tangible again, and effectively killed it.

The scorpion started to dust as Wilbur took his blade out and sheathed it, before he put it in his inventory.

~π~

Wilbur and the others are now seen in the auditorium as Ozpin is listing teams.

"Russel Thrush. Cardin Winchester. Dove Bronzewing. Sky Lark. The four of you retrieved the black bishop pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team CRDL, led by... Cardin Winchester!"

The audience gave a wave of ovation, while four students walked up to the stage took their places in front of the headmaster as their faces filled the screen.

"Jaune Arc. Lie Ren. Pyrrha Nikos. Nora Valkyrie. The four of you retrieved the white rook pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team JNPR. Led by... Jaune Arc!"

"Huh? L-Led by...?"

"Congratulations, young man."

As she grinned, Pyrrha offered a friendly shoulder bump to Jaune, but her "fine leader" is knocked over and fell to his butt in front of the laughing audience.

"And close to last: Blake Belladonna. Ruby Rose. Weiss Schnee. Yang Xiao Long. The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team RWBY. Led by... Ruby Rose!"

Weiss looked to her right surprised, where Ruby is obviously in shock as Yang went over and hugged her sister.

"I'm so proud of you!"

"And now for our last student: Wilbur Soot! Mister Soot was the only one that failed to find a teammate. Normally, that would mean expulsion, but in the face of danger he attacked head on."

The screen then showed Wilbur's fight with the Deathstalker.

"And so I've decided to put him on team RWBY as a Co-leader. Congratulations."

"Thank you sir."

As people filed out of the auditorium, Wilbur approached Ozpin.

"I believe this is yours." Wilbur handed Ozpin the golden pen.

"Ah! Thank you! I wondered where it went."

Ozpin then accepted the pen, but Wilbur then asked a question.

An odd question.

"Excuse me if this seems off . . . But . . . Have you died before?"

Ozpin seemed to freeze for a moment.

"Would you like to have tea with me sometime?"