Burden of a Leader

(Wilbur's POV)

I didn't know Blake was into that . . .

Oh well . . .

Not like I have anything to say . . .

Hopefully Blake leaves my book alone . . .

I better get to class . . .

(3rd Person POV)

Wilbur waited quietly for his team in Professor Port's class, which was about to start.

Then teams R(W)WBY and JNPR bursted through the door just in time.

The Professor urged them to sit down before he started.

"Monsters! Deeeemons... Prowlers of the night! Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as prey! Ha-ha!"

No body laughed except for the Professor.

"Uhhhh... And you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy! Now, as I was saying: Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world! Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces! And that's where we come in. Huntsmen! Huntresses..." He winks at Yang who just shifts around uncomfortably. "Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves! From what, you ask? Why, the very world!"

"That is what you are training to become. But first: A story. A tale of a young, handsome man... Me! When I was a boy..."

Wilbur just tuned out when he realized that Ruby wasn't paying attention, and started to mess around. But he also noticed that Weiss wasn't to appreciative of this as she was getting more and more irked.

"The moral of this story? A true Huntsman must be honorable! A true Huntsman must be dependable! A true Huntsman must be strategic, well-educated, and wise!"

Weiss seemed to be at a tipping point.

"So, who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?"

Weiss and Wilbur both raised their hands.

"I do sir!" Weiss angerly screamed.

"Well, then, let's find out!"

~π~

Weiss comes back in her combat gear, while Wilbur was already there. Weiss realized that Wilbur never did get into uniform and just wore blue jeans, a yellow turtle neck sweater and a brown trenchcoat over it. He also wore a black beanie that covered the back side of his head yet allowed his hair in the front to be styled. He had two streaks of white hair in the front.

Weiss was annoyed by the lack of discipline and his disrespect of the rules.

"You first Ms. Schnee, come face your opponent."

Weiss walked to the front of the class as she readied her blade.

"Goooo, Weiss!"

Her teammates started to cheer for her.

"Fight well!"

"Yeah, represent Teeeeam RWWBY!"

"Ruby! I'm trying to focus!"

"Oh, um... Sorry..."

Wilbur noticed that the hostility was directed toward Ruby, even though everyone else was cheering her on as well.

"Allllright!" Professor Port positioned himself next to a cage. "Let the match... begin!"

And with that the Professor sliced the lock off with his weapon, and a Boarbatusk, a boar looking creature, rolled at Weiss at high speeds.