1. Welcome Wagon

December 11, 2004   9:48am

"There it is... The wagon full of women who wish to die early."

"I'm part of that horrid wagon."

"I know but still, you're all fucking stupid." Chris states taking a drag of his cigarette.

"You're the main reason I'm leaving." I say looking at him before punching him in the arm.

"Whatever. Just write to me okay?"

"Of course, I'll write nightly."

"Let's go for weekly at least." He says glaring at me.

"Whatever." I respond grabbing my bags and beginning my walk to death.

As I step onto the wagon I see many faces with different thoughts going through their heads. Some are scared, some are interested and some are sad. I take my seat near the back, next to a red haired girl, and stare at my hands.

My mother worked at the castle after she had me and my sisters, she never came back, then Sadie left, she never came back, then Bea and now me.

"Hi! I'm Anna! What's your name?" The red head asks, stretching out her hand for me to take.

"(Y/n) (L/n). Why are you on here?" I respond taking her soft hand a shaking it slightly.

"Oh, probably like most of the girls here. For work, farm can't pay all the bills y'know."

I chuckle at her answer, "True, very true."

"Why are you here?"

"Bills, y'know."

"Ah, makes sense."

The wagon comes to a screeching halt before the back opens.

"Hello ladies," An older woman says, "I'm Claire. The Head Maiden."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
December 11, 2004    11:53am

After we get our clothes, rooms, names and debriefing, basically our jobs and the whole 'vampire' shit outta the way we all gather in the main hall. I stand next to Anna and some other dark haired girl. The room is deathly quiet.

I go to say something but a soft and rich voice cuts me off.

"Hello maidens."

I look up slightly to see, who I assume to be, Lady Alcina Dimitrescu on top of the stair case.

Holy hell, she's hot as fuccc!

She slowly walks down the stairs while scanning all of us. I make eye contact then immediately look down, I know who she is and what she can do. I'm not dying on the first day.

After she makes it down to the bottom she walks to the center where we all face her.

"Now, I assume you all know what to do and you know how this works."

Silence...

"A 'yes madam' will do nicely."

"Yes! madam"
"Yes, madam"
"Yes... madam"
"Yes madam"
"Yes ma-dumb"

A few giggles echo in the room after the last 'madam'. Soon three swarms of bugs enter and take from to three girls.

"Anyone want to speak?" The first one asked, glaring at all of us.

"Relax Bela... It was the blonde girl second to last on the left." Madam Dimitrescu tells her.

Bela rushes towards the girl with the other girls following her. She pulls out a weapon and puts her hand out, asking the blondes hand. The blonde shakes her head quickly, earning a growl from Bela.

A different girl, a red head, goes behind the blonde and drives her weapon into the girls leg.

"FUCK" the girl shouts before getting pulled away. The other two girls turn back into flies and follow.

"You all have today to explore the premises, no windows shall be opened, no escape attempts will happen and no going into the dungeons."

"Yes madam."
"Yes, madam."
"Y-yes madam."
"Yes... madam."

She turns and leaves the room going the same way the three girls went.

"Holy fuck." I say once she's out of hearing range.

"She's beautiful," Anna says, "Well we better go get a good layout of where we'll be working, bye (Y/n)!"

"Buh bye" I wave at her.

I quickly leave the hall and start my exploration of the castle. I look at the list given to me and read the places I'd have to go.

Chores for (Y/n) (L/n)
1. Dust Library 7:00
2. Sort books 7:15
3. Mistresses Breakfast 7:30
4. Clean Dining room 7:45
5. Clean Theatre room 8:00
6. Clean instruments 8:30
7. Clean Dining room 9:00
8. Sweep Grand Hall 9:30
9. Five minute break 10:00
10. Clean guest rooms 10:05
11. Tidy Maiden Chambers 1-15 10:30
10. Mistresses Lunch 11:00
12. Clean up dining room 11:30
13. Lunch break 12:30
14. Mop Meat room 1:00

I guess after 1:00 clock I'm done. That's nice, now I gotta find that library.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
December 11, 2004    7:56pm

After walking for hours I found every place on my chore list. Now I guess I can just chill in my room.

I walk down to the maidens chambers I hear whispering. Panicked whispers.

"I can't do it!"

"It's literally our first day here. Nothing bad had happened to you yet!"

"Nope nope nope!"

Then quick footsteps leaving. What a pussy I chuckle to myself and walk into my chamber.

I take a good look around and frown. I know that positive thinking won't help me any more, hell I just watched a girl get murdered like four hours ago! Mom would've been positive about this...

"(Y/N)! OH MY LORD YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS!" Anna exclaims running in.

"What is it?" I ask.

"The Lady, herself, told me at I seem like a hard worker!" Anna stops to take a breath, "Me! A hard worker!"

I chuckle at her, acting like she was complimented by the lord themself.

"That's great, Anna." I tell her patting her back, "Now go to your chambers and catch your breath."

She nods and smiles before walking away. Then I remember what Bea used to tell me in some of her last letters.

Another maid was complimented today, soon she'll be a pet like the others. Thank goodness it's not me.

Maybe things will be different, probably not through. I just hope that maybe it won't be me. But now it's time for bed.

-----------------------------------------------------------
(1025 words) Hope y'all enjoyed the first chapter!