waves

https://lovelyjj.tumblr.com/post/672044585010315264/waves-jj-maybank

waves.

a once calm body of water, erupting with big crashing waves, large enough to swallow one whole. a vast ocean, with rocky boats and sinking ships, the windy atmosphere creates huge circular water forces.

similarly, you felt like maybe your thoughts were waves, drowning you. that you couldn't escape them and they were dragging you under. It felt as if you were smothered with negative energies, fears and ideas.

I'm not good enough. everyone hates me. what's the point of anything. I am terrified of the unknown.

just when you thought you could not keep swimming in your own water of sadness and worry, you had people to help keep you afloat.

this week, had been one of the worse ones. you could not seem to escape your own mind. school was out for summer leaving you alone to deal with your negative thoughts.

———

"almost there baby" JJ whispered.

you were currently on the HMS pogue out in the open water. your legs were webbed together and your head was against his shoulder. desperately trying to distract yourself from the situation, you ran the tip of your finger over his knuckles. the cold metal of his rings sparking some sort of grounding for you.

the impending doom that something was going to happen, the boat tipping, sinking or something was coming to take the people that you love away was trying to resurface and surround your mind.

when JJs voice breaks through to you as you play with his fingers, his arm holding you closer to him, you nod softly letting him know that you can hold on just a little longer.

somehow you got back to John Bs chateau, you were not sure how though. it was kind of blurry and you only focused on the warmth JJs hoodie provided you. the comfort of wearing the clothing item was able to get you into the house. feeling safer on the ground, you stumbled into the bedroom to hideout and calm down in there.

the rest of the pogues all looked to JJ sympathetically, letting him take the lead on helping you. they all gave you both your space.

"we'll be out back if you need us" John B spoke. Pope patted JJs shoulder and the friend group all walked out into the backyard.

after grabbing some water for you, JJ entered the bedroom. he knocked softly on the door, pushing it open.

the scene before him made him so sad. his heart stopped for a minute at your curled up figure under the covers. your heart was always glowing with kindness, and you were there for him when his so called father was assaulting him.

even if you felt like the whole world was turning its back on you, you never once let him or any of your friends go through their own battles alone. that being said, he would raise hell on all of outer banks if you were going to be alone with your own demons.

"princess? you doing ok? I brought you some water." your head was peaking out over the blanket, JJ stroked your head and scratched at your scalp. "can you sit up for me and drink bug?"

your body had been position towards him, always looking to him and allowing his help. giving into his request you sat up, resting your head on his chest and climbing into his lap. he brought the cold water to your lips and you sipped occasionally.

"I'm proud of you, you know. you're doing so good and even if you feel you're not I'm still proud." his words hit the nail on your heart and you could no longer control your emotions, the tears began to fall.