6 | MISSING PERSON

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

THEA WAS SPEED-WALKING TO THE CAFETERIA WHEN BELLA FOUND HER THURSDAY MORNING. The clumsy girl struggled slightly trying to keep up with her as she asked with an amused smirk on her face, "Is there some kind of fire I don't know about?"

Thea snorted. "I wish."

"Thea!" Bella exclaimed, shocked at the girl's bluntness. (She shouldn't have been. At this point, Bella should expect those kinds of responses from the senior.)

"What? This place is like hell with fluorescent lighting, whoever our local arsonist is should do us a favor," she retorted flippantly. When Bella simply stared at her, Thea sighed. "I'm just worried about Cam, that's all. What's up?"

"Is he okay?"

"For the most part, he just—" She stopped herself and sighed. "Never mind, we can talk about it later." Thea didn't particularly enjoy talking about Cameron's health issues, honestly. He was doing okay of course— as okay as could be expected— but now that he was starting to lose his hair, Cameron was starting to crack. Before, he had usually just brushed off anything that happened to him. Now, it was like everything was finally starting to come down on him.

"Okay," Bella said, not wanting to push the matter but hoping everything was alright. "I was going to ask if you wanted to go to Port Angeles with Jess, Angela and I to get dresses for prom this weekend— but if you have stuff going on— just know you're welcome to come if you want to."

"I don't," Thea admitted without a second thought. Seeing the expression on her friend's face, she added, "I already have a prom dress— Rosalie had me buy one when we went to Port Angeles last weekend. Plus, I don't like Jessica and would rather not be stuck in a car with her."

"I— wait, Rosalie Hale went shopping with you?" The surprise on Bella's face was glaringly noticeable. She couldn't believe it. Rosalie Hale was possibly the least sociable out of her entire family, except for Jasper; all she did was glare at the other students as if they were lower than the scum on the bottom of her shoe. And here Thea was, casually mentioning that she'd shopped for a prom dress with her.

"Well, Emmett and Cam were there too, complaining the entire time." Thea shrugged. "We went out there with them to catch a movie and stuff, but Rose insisted I get a prom dress that she would approve of while we were there."

"Did you notice anything odd about them?"

Thea slowed to a stop just outside the cafeteria. "You're still stuck on the whole Cullen mystery thing?"