Chapter 2

We walked down the aisle. It had suddenly become a lot longer than it looked and it felt like forever before we reached the front. On my way down there he aisle, I saw Bellatrix pointing me out to some of her friends. Pure blood friends. I could only guess that she was telling them who I was and how I was her favourite cousin.

I didn't know it then, but I'd soon become her least favourite.

After a lifetime and a half we reached the teachers table, where a wobbly stool sat, a stool that looked so old it was as if the only thing holding it up was magic and lets be honest. It probably was. On top of it sat a battered hat. That looked like it was going to fall apart as well.

McGonagall stepped forwards, took out a long piece of parchment and started reading out names to sit on the stool and find their houses. My last name was Black, so it wouldn't take long at all until I was called.

First was Stacie Abbot. A blonde girl with bright blue eyes. The was Jack Ant, most likely a muggleborn. He had average brown hair with freckles littering his face.

It went on for about 3 more people until it reached my name.

"Black, Cassiopeia!" McGonagall shouted.

The room seemed to freeze. Everyone knew what they he Blacks thought about everyone. The way Bellatrix behaved made everyone hold their breath as no one was excited for another one.

I walked up the steps with shaky legs. 1, 2, 3, 4. Steps- done. I walked towards the stool. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. I sat down and r to he professor placed the dirty hat on my head.

It was quiet, until it spoke as if it was in my ear, whispering in my head. It scared me. It had started to mumble to itself. I started to feel bad for calling it an 'it', so I asked for a name.

"Excuse me? What's your name?" 

That seemed to make it make up it's mind as it quickly gave its name and shouted,

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

Everything seemed even more still than before, however, the silence was interrupted with Bellatrix's manic cackle.

"This must be a prank!" She laughed. Her laugh quickly turned into a sneer though when she realised it was true. "No Black has ever been in any other house than Slytherin! YOU! You are a disgrace to our name! I hope your ready, Cassiopeia!" She spit my name with venom I had never heard come from her mouth.

It was too much. I stood up, keeping the tears from falling, wearing my mask, and walked out of the hall with my head high. But I stopped in front of the door and said one word.

"Good."

And I left.

If your wondering I have named the hat Walter. :)

Also how do you like this chapter?? I know it's short but I'm really proud of it lol.

If there are any mistakes please let me know thank you!!