Chapter 6

When the Slytherin house gained more student the applause was always quieter and more reserved than other houses. The other houses barely clapped at all.

Of course this was due to the way most of them were raised; private and self-contained. I was raised that way too. Sometimes a child from a Slytherin family would be placed into a different house, they would most likely get disowned.

Most Slytherins were from pure-blooded families, but there were the odd few that have to learn how to fit in.

Regulus stood up off the stool, with a wide grin on his tiny face, and the applause was slightly louder than usual. I blame it on the fact that the Slytherin house finally gained a Black family member since Narcissa started Hogwarts.

I hope he gains trustworthy friends in that house, but I just know there is going to be so much pressure on him now. From mother, father, aunt Druella, uncle Cygnus- all of our cousins as well. Since he is the only Black boy left that is deemed worthy of carrying the name after Sirius' sorting.

I knew mother and father will be sitting in reserved joy at the house as soon as they get the letter explaining his house.

Regulus is beaming.
Sirius is relieved.
And me, we'll I'm ecstatic, I don't have to watch another brother under a spell of pure evil, I don't have to be held back as I hear the screams, I don't have to worry about it, for now.

It's been a week since the sorting. Regulus had made friends, 1st Barty Crouch jr, and 2nd Evan Rosier. I'm not sure if they're good enough yet, but they're better than nothing, we'll see.

Gideon and Fabian have been playing pranks here and there, but they told me and Delia to avoid the Halloween feast, so they have something big planned.

Delia is still breathtakingly gorgeous, and also the only person to know about my not-crush-crush on Gideon. When I told her about it she seemed excited for me, she thinks he likes me back. I think she was saying that to make me feel better, it didn't seem like she believed it, she didn't seem to like the topic at all, actually.

It was weird, she loves to gossip about anything and everything.

Sirius and his friends, James Potter, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew totally looked up to the twins. I swear the only reason Sirius came up to me anymore was to talk to them, he's got the idea that when they leave next year his group of self proclaimed marauders will take their place.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Amos and Fiona are getting closer, they are for sure going to be dating by Christmas. Fiona's told me about her crush on him and Amos isn't very good at hiding his crush on her. But they both just don't see it! It's infuriating, I mean, I keep hinting at it, they're absolutely clueless.

"Earth to Cassieee"

Delia's voice breaks me out of my trance of thought. Her face is right in front of me, very close. She realises.

"Oops, sorry" she laughs.

"It's ok, don't worry about it" I say, "what did you say before?"

"Well I was asking you if you were ready to go to DADA"

"Oh, right, yeah lets go!" I say, in fake enthusiasm.

The new DADA professed was called professed Brimage, he was a complete arse, and he knew it. His only purpose at this school was to make the students lives miserable.

He gave about 10 detentions every lesson and took at least 50 points from every house. Even me, the biggest nerd ever (a nickname given by Fabian) could get him to like me. So as is the culture of British schooling, we did everything possible to piss him off. Don't get your equipment out, leave your wands in your dorm saying you 'forgot it', and many more.

My personal favourite was drawing pictures of him. It sounds boring, but i draw as many as possible and leave them where he'll definitely find them, watch as his red face scrunches up, and laugh my arse off with my friends as he turns to shout and scream at the whole hall or classroom, sometimes you can hear his scream from the other side of the castle. Best part of the week.

Anyway, I arrived at the class and as usual, he's stood there with his arms crossed ready to give detentions left right and centre. To be fair, he's quite an attractive man for mid 40's, I think that's why the drawings bother him so much. They are definitely not realistic. He has dark hair and blue eyes, however, he's short. Very short. Professor Flitwick short.

Ok probably not that short but you get the point.

"Today, we are covering the unforgivables" he starts, "does anyone know how many their are, why they're unforgivable and their names?"

Unforgivable? I wonder?

Everyone else seems to know what they are, but I feel clueless. What are they? Why haven't I heard of them?

I suppose I'm about to find out. They can't be much worse than what I've endured anyway.

Despite the recognition on everyone's, bar my own, faces only 3 or 4 people put their hand up to answer.

"You, Andrews" Brimage picks.

I dated him in third year, worst experience ever.

"There's 3 sir", "they are unforgivable because of what they do, I only know one name though, the imperious curse"

"And what does the imperious curse do, mr Andrews?" Brimage picks.

The lesson is so quiet, it's so serious, it's not been like this for over 3 months. I guess this topic is a lot more serious than it seems.

"The imperious curse can make you do anything. If it is placed upon you, you have no control over what you do, only few people have managed to break out of it." Alfie Andrew states.

"Correct, now does anyone know the next one?" He asks "miss Bolton?"

Sarah is trembling, but she replies anyway. "The killing curse, it's pretty self explanatory, but it's instant death, no one can be saved from it, no one has ever survived it either."

"Yes. Now, the last one"

No one's hand is left up, and I get the feeling it's not because no one knows it. The room is toxic, full of fear and horror and pure disgust.

"Fine, I'll explain it myself", Brimage says, "the cruciatus curse, the torture spell, anyone that has felt it has described it as your bones being turned to ash and you blood being boiled inside of you. Anyone under the spell begged for the sweet relief of death. It's said if the curse is used repeatedly, over a short period of time, you can become permanently disfigured in the brain."

I freeze. It's not hard to understand. I've been under this spell before. The way he describes it, it's no where near the actual pain, there's no words to describe. My own parents have been using an illegal curse to punish me and my siblings.

I'm full of shock. Horror. I've let my siblings be subject to an illegal, unforgivable, curse. At first I want to scream, I've tuned out, I can't hear anything anymore. However, an idea comes to my idea.

It brings me relief. Which confused me as well.

I could get us out.

Surpriseeee I'm back ig, it's been like 2 years? Sorry abt that, I don't have an excuse but  I'm sorry

There's past writing and new writing in this chapter. See if you can tell when it changes, also if you like it please vote or comment, it gives me energy to carry on writing haha