Some Mysteries Are Better Left Unsolved 1

Morning

I opened my eyes and stretched out my limbs, I started to remember what happened last night.. I placed my hand on the left side of my head and it still stings like hell. I got up from my bed and decided to get ready for today. I finished taking a bath and brushing my teeth, so I made my way down the stairs, and to my surprise, my aunt was up.

I made my way across the room so I could make it out the door. I never have breakfast in this house because given the environment that I'm in, I always lose my appetite first thing in the morning. "Aren't you gonna eat some breakfast?" I already made my decision. "I'm not that hungry." She rolled her eyes, "Go ahead and starve, I don't care." I sucked my teeth. "You never do..." Of course I didn't say it out loud, but believe it or not, this woman had a strong sense of hearing. "What was that?" She threw her spatula on the floor.

"I didn't say anything.." "Yeah, I thought so." Superseded to pick up her spatula and continue making her breakfast, I made my way out of the house. "You better not hang out with-" I slammed the door before she could finish. I started walking my way through the undercity, I looked at the locals carrying on with their work, kids playing around with each other and overall it just seems like another day in this hell hole we call home.

I made my way over to Vander's bar, to see if Vi and the gang were here, I placed my hands behind my head but hissed because of the scratch mark. God, out of all the places she could have hit me, she decided to hit me around the goddamn head... I pushed the door open and saw that the bar was packed. Like my God, I didn't expect it to be packed this early in the morning. So I made my way over to the bar but I accidentally bumped into somebody. "You got a problem?" "Um, no I'm s-sorry.." he grabbed my sweater and pulled me close until I could smell his breath. An oh boy, he was drunk.

"You ever touch me again, I will snap your head off! You understand me?!?" I closed my left eye, because spit was leaving his mouth and splashing on my face. "I-I understand, please.. please stop..." and I believe this angered him more, even though that wasn't my intent. "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!?!?!" I covered my eyes expecting my face to be bashed in, but instead I felt his group on my sweater loosen eventually dropping me to the floor, I saw Vander got up into his face. "Get the hell out of my bar or else this is going to get ugly."

The drunkie ran out of the bar almost immediately, I smiled, thank god Vander was here to back me up. I looked around to see Vander was missing. Hey, where'd he go? All of a sudden I felt a pair of huge hands grabbing my shoulders and carrying me to the bar. I looked up to see Vander giving me a wink, as if to say: I've got your back. My face started to warm up a little bit, he sat me down in a chair, and he made his way behind the bar. "Hey, kiddo." I smiled, "Hey Vander." He immediately frowned when he saw the side of my face.

"Again?" I looked down at my hands. "Again.." I felt him put his hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry." I smiled in response, "So where's Vi, Powder, and the guys?" He started cleaning some glasses. "They're laying low after the aunt they pulled yesterday. Which reminds me, you should lay low too." I started to think, where could I go exactly? I didn't really get out that much, and if I did go out I mostly tagged along with Vi the others. "Okay I'll lay low, so where exactly are Vi and the rest?"

Timeskip

"Oooo, usual Hangout." I opened the door and entered inside, I heard some punching noises, I continued down the dark corridor until I saw Vi punching this machine, I looked at her for a couple of seconds before looking over at the scoreboard. Vi dominated the first ten spots as always, I looked back to Vi who took a break from the machine to give me a wink, I waved in response. I looked over to see Mylo by the shooting range, "Remind me why we bother with this dump." "Vander said to lay low. Enforcers never come down here, so this is as good a place as any."

I felt someone's arm wrapped around my neck, I looked to my side to see Vi. She held her boxing gloves in front of me. "Give it a shot." I grabbed the gloves and shoved them into her hands. "I'll just leave it to the experts." I smiled at her, she smirked in response. "Oh what's the matter, Mylo? You worried Powder's gonna beat you again?" I looked at Mylo, "Hey, if she didn't keep fixing these things, I wouldn't keep missing." Powder popped up and connected the two plugs together and the shooting range started working again.

"Take him down Powder!" "Kick his ass Powder!" I smacked Vi's stomach, I looked back at Powder and Mylo, and like a pro she made every single shot, and with Mylo missing every single shot, she walked away making a face. I looked at Vi who wasn't next to me anymore, but instead she was next to the boxing machine. She gestures for me to come over, I walk over as she requested. "Yeah?" She grabbed my hands and placed the gloves on me. I frowned.

"Vi..." "Y/n, give it a try." I looked at the boxing machine and was still conflicted. "Just think about your Aunt when you're punching it." I closed my eyes, and started thinking, I started having flashbacks to all the time that she would either abuse me or belittle me, I opened my eyes and I was just filled to the brim with rage, and I started punching the machine. "There you go Sunshine!" I kept on punching and punching, until eventually I couldn't take it anymore because that rage I had, just kind of left my body. I looked at the scoreboard, and I was dead last... I took off the gloves and tossed them to the floor.

"Hey, don't sweat it.. it takes time." I looked at the ground, "Yeah, I know." I continued looking at the ground, placing my hands in my pockets. I looked back up to Vi as she was in deep thought. "You guys know I wouldn't take you on a job you couldn't handle, right?" I looked at Mylo, who was still shooting at the targets and completely missing. "Are you kidding? That was the best job we've ever done." He looked at Powder.

"Maybe just don't take Y/n and Powder next time.." I rolled my eyes, I started walking away from Vi and made my way over to the punching machine. I looked at my fist, then at the machine, maybe I can start picking up boxing.... I don't know... "All of a sudden I hear a crash, I turned around to see four Enforcers standing there, looking in.

"Search them." The Enforcers made their way into our hangout, "Go ahead, idiots. We've got nothing." I looked at Powder, and.... Aw damn.. she still has those crystals on her, chances are if they see that they're going to take powder in. I smacked Vi's arm, she looked at me and I gestured to Powder and she immediately got what I was saying. She turned to Claggor who pulled a lever that was near him, this caused the lights to switch off and we immediately made a break for it.

"Stop!" I was running up until I crashed into Powder, I grabbed her hand and pulled her along. We made our way down an alley, I bumped into Mylo to see that the Enforcers were up ahead too, they had us cornered.. Powder wrapped her arms around my waist, it seems like we were screwed.. "Over here!" I looked up and spotted Ekko, he dropped a letter for us to climb up, we all got up and Vi was the last one, she kicked down the latter so that thankfully the enforcers couldn't catch up to us. I looked at Powder "Call me crazy, but I think it's best you should hide those crystals." "Yeah no shit." I poked her head. "What was that for?" "No swearing." "But you swear!" "I don't know what you're talking about." I started walking ahead.