𝘃. takipsilim.

Chapter 5: Dusk/twilight. 

"you gave her your sweater."

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

Caelum and Thalia's anniversary celebration went well. They had a good time as May avoided Harry and Hanan all night.

It's now Sunday, which means no work. It is usually spent as a family day. Harry and May's family had arranged a trip to the beach.

May is currently in the kitchen making some things that she will bring with her because she knows how swimming can make you hungry, so she prepared foods that are mainly her family's favorites.

Footsteps from the stairs echo across the room, revealing Harry with a bag in each of his hands—containing their swimming trunks and other beach necessities. He placed the bag on the couch before going to the kitchen to assist her in putting the food into the basket.

"Hey, darling," he said, but she didn't answer, and he kissed her on the cheek. "I already put our bag on the couch; is everything ready? Do you need anything else?"

"Everything is set," May responds, closing the basket as soon as she has done setting all of the foods, and Harry swiftly grabs it. 

He interlaced his free hand with hers while firmly gripping the basket with his other hand. May could only stare at it as they walked towards the couch; she despised how he could make her feel this way. Making her feel butterflies in her stomach because of the way his hand touches hers, even though she knows he isn't feeling anything.

May put her bag over her shoulder, as Harry flung his bag over his shoulder. As she shuts the door, he rubs his thumb on hers. They apparated shortly, and they're now at the beach, which isn't that crowded despite the fact that it's still early.

They walk hand in hand towards where their family would be waiting, but they aren't complete yet. Hanan, Caelum, and Thalia haven't arrived yet, but May is confident they'll be there soon since the three of them love the beach.

Celine smiled at the sight of them and gave her sister a knowing look when she realized they were holding hands. Althea, her girlfriend, is grinning at them, and she has mixed feelings about them—-hate and love. Hate because Harry is oblivious to May, and love because she thinks they'd be cute if Harry learned to love May. In short, Althea is silently rooting for them.

Althea believes Harry is falling in love with May, but he is unaware because his focus is primarily on Hanan. She thinks it would only take one thing for him to recognize his feelings, but what that thing is remains a mystery to her.

While waiting for the three of them, Harry rested his head on May's shoulder, their hands still interlaced, listening to the waves and feeling the fresh air that engulfed them.

They'd be here until dusk, though they'd prefer to stay overnight, but because tomorrow is Monday, they'd have no choice but to limit their stay since everyone would have to return to work the next day, and they all dread Monday.

"Why did I just notice this now?" Harry questioned, drawing May's attention to him and prompting him to continue what he was about to say. "Your hands perfectly fits mine."

May is loss for words as Celine and Althea laugh as if they've just heard the best joke of their lives, while their parents can only smile at each other.

"You're so funny, Potter, jeez," Celine remarked, still laughing, while May and Harry couldn't figure out why she and her girlfriend were laughing, and that's when May realized that these two were literally a match made in heaven, each with their own world and vibe.