𝐯𝐢. balang araw.

Chapter 6: Someday.

"Walang nag-iba, talo nanaman tayo"
(Nothing changed, we lose again.)

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

Two days have passed. It's been two days since Mayari and Harry got into an argument. They didn't say anything and couldn't even look each other in the eyes.

Their marriage becomes as cold as ice, as bruised as ever, but the link between the two remains visible. Nothing could break their chain, not even the strongest harmer, but there is something that could break the chain they had, but they still refuse to use it.

At least not right now. She isn't ready right now. Mayari is not ready; she can still endure it, and she will endure it for as long as she can, but once she has had enough, the chain between the two may finally break.

May is now in the bookshelves, where she intends to scrutinize the titles while waiting for Celine, Isabella, and Bethany to arrive.

Her fingers traced the spines of the books, examining each title in the hopes of finding something interesting.

Her fingers came to a halt when she read the title of the book; she had no idea she had this in her possession. Slowly, she grabs it, touching the cover; it's still the book she used to love, or rather, the book they used to love.

They, as in Mayari and Harry. Harry used to spend all of his time with May before he fell in love with Hanan.

May remembered how much they enjoyed this book when they read it together. It was a book that made her fall in love with books even more, a book that made her fall in love with him.

"Harry, come on!" May, now in her third year, pulls on Harry's robe. "You promise you'll accompany me to the library."

"I know, Maya," Harry says, putting his book on his bag and flinging it over his shoulder. "Come on, now," he said, wrapping his arms around her shoulder and hers around his waist as they walked towards the library.

They didn't mind because it has no meaning to them, whereas it does to others. Wrapping each other's arms, kissing each other on the cheek and forehead, it's all a friendly gesture to them.

Slytherin and Gryffindor still have that house prejudice, but in Harry and Mayari's case, it is non-existent; despite being in different houses, they are best friends.

When they arrive at the library, they take a seat in the back, which is where they first begin to speak properly. When they were playing hide and seek, Harry gave her the invisibility cloak so she could hide from Thalia.

They placed their bags on the table before going in different directions to find books. While May was looking for books related to her homework, she discovered a book that she had never seen or read before.

She quickly grabs it, enthralled by the cover's beauty, particularly the font of the title. "Pride and Prejudice," she reads, smiling as she flips through the first page, the first line piqued her interest.

"What's this, Maya?" Harry snatched the book from her grasp and began reading the first page while May scowled at him.

"Hey, give me that! I found it first."

"Not anymore," he teases, and she was about to grab it when he raised the book to his head. May scowls at him; he's taller than her, which is obviously Harry's advantage.

"Just because you're taller than me doesn't mean you can do that" May complain, crossing her arm.

"Nah, you're just short, Maya the shortie," Harry chuckles.