𝘅. yakap.

Chapter 10: hug. 

"Umuwi nang tila bang lahat nagbago na."
(home as if everything has changed.)

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

"He's late," Celine said. "Did you text him? It's already 5:10 p.m.; I thought he'd pick you up at 5?"

"It's only ten minutes late, Cel, it's not a big deal," May replied, assisting her sister in getting the customer's order, despite the fact that her work had already ended. "I texted him; maybe something came up at work, you know? Perhaps a meeting."

"You always look on the bright side, May," Celine spoke as she walked up to the counter to put the order of the customer who was waiting. She returned to her sister, a faint smile on her face. "I didn't mean it in a negative way; in fact, it's great that you look on the bright side; it's just that maybe try to be observant, just try it."

"What do you mean by that?" she inquires, May always looking for the bright side of any circumstance, even if it's difficult to find one. She always believes that there is a bright side to every situation; you just have to look for it, no matter how tough it is, since it is not always darkness; at the end of it, there will be a light for a brand new hope.

"Just keep an eye on things, May," Celine replied. "Open your eyes and ears, look everywhere, and you will notice a difference, especially with your husband; not that I'm complaining, you two are doing ok; in fact, I'm glad he's been doing well, but I had a horrible feeling about this month; maybe it's just me, but be observant, that's all."

May was about to speak when the door chimed open, revealing Harry. His white button-up long sleeve polo fit him flawlessly, his muscle were visible as his sleeve rolled up to his elbow, his two top buttons were open, and his unkempt hair added to his hot appearance.

"I didn't mean to be that observant, May," Celine chuckles lightly as she observes her sister staring at Harry as if he were the center of the universe.

Celine's gaze was drawn to Harry, who was now approaching them. "Oi, Potter," Celine said as she approached him. "Why are you late? What did you do for the past ten minutes, hmm?" Her eyes were scrutinizing his soul, getting some information with his demeanor that made you feel guilty for a crime you didn't even do.

"Meeting," Harry answered. "I had no idea there was going to be a meeting, but Kingsley decided at the last minute."

"I told you, Cel, there might be a meeting," May said. "Perhaps always looking on the bright side isn't such a bad thing."

"Right, whatever." 

"Hello, darling," Harry says as he wraps his arm around May's shoulder and plants a soft kiss on her cheek. "I'm sorry for not responding to your messages; Kinsley wanted everyone to focus on the meeting."

May nodded, understanding the situation; at every meeting, you need pay attention since there may be crucial details that will be useful for work.

They left the shop hand in hand and apparated away from muggles; when they returned home, she noticed her husband's melancholy countenance. His eyes were no longer glistening with glee, like if he was hiding something.

'Just be observant, May,'  those words ring in her thoughts, followed by Celine's voice. Among the three of them—Hanan, Mayari, and Celine—she isn't usually the most observant. Celine is the most observant; her instincts are usually correct; if she overthinks something, it happens in the future.