Chapter 9.

Sirius Pov

As Remus and I headed to Hogsmeade, hand in hand, I couldn't help but smile. Here I was, with Remus, my best friend, my boyfriend, on a date... I had always hoped one day we'd be together, but the fact that it was actually happening... I was ecstatic. It was like all of my troubles melted away when the two of us were together.

As we walked, I started talking to him, hyped for the day. "Ok, Moony, where do you want to go? I have some ideas, obviously Honeyduke's, Zonko's, and the Three Broomsticks, but is there anywhere else you want to go?"

Remus shook his head, smiling. "Whatever you want to do, Ri. I'm happy no matter what."

I smiled more at the sentiment, and pulled him closer to me, wrapping an arm around his waist and leaning my head against his shoulder, walking the rest of the way like that.

When we got to Honeyduke's, I separated myself from Remus, sending him a mischievous smile as I slipped away.

"Hey, Ri!" He called after me. I ignored him, and continued on towards the chocolate. I grabbed some chocolate frogs, simple chocolate bars, every single kind of chocolate they had there, knowing that he wasn't picky. I checked out, and went outside to a bench and sat down to wait for him. He came out a bit after, carrying a bag similar in size to mine.

"Is that all for me?" I asked.

"Yes," he said, blushing a little bit. "I wanted to spoil you." 

I laughed, and we traded bags, both smiling when we saw what we had been given.

"Oh, Sirius! Thank you!" He bent down a bit to kiss my cheek, and I hugged him. 

After that, we headed over to Zonko's and looked around together. We came across a small area with bottles of Amortentia, and I got an idea. Picking up a bottle, I uncorked it, and shoved it under his nose.

"Hey Moons! What do you smell?"

He sniffed, shot a glance towards me, and said, "I smell chocolate, obviously... mint... cinnamon, and... wet dog."

I smirked. "Wet dog, mint, and cinnamon, eh?" I asked. "You realize that my animagus form is a dog who usually gets wet on full moons, right?"

"Yes..."

"And I use mint toothpaste?"

"Yes..."

"And cinnamon soap?"

"Yes..."

"So basically," I finished, "your favorite scent is me."

"Yes, Sirius," he replied, sounding exasperated.

"See, I rather enjoy that fact. However, there's one thing that's bothering me... who the heck finds the scent of wet dog nice?"

He rolled his eyes and shoved me. "Shut it, Sirius..."

"I'm just teasing... It smells like chocolate and woods to me. So, my favorite scent is you too." He smiled and grabbed my hand, leading me out of the store.

"Come on, love, I'm hungry."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remus Pov

Sirius and I headed to lunch at the Three Broomsticks, and I was happier than I had been in a long time. We sat down, and ordered sandwiches, butterbeer, and a piece of chocolate cake to share. While we ate, we talked about random things- from quidditch to pranks to books... It was light hearted, as if everything wasn't going to shit outside school, what with the war against Voldemort and such.