4

♔︎

The sound of door clicking woke her up from her light sleep. A maid dressed in formal maid outfit greeted her. She was the same one who had gave her night clothes last night.

She told Fiona that she had to get ready and meet Mr. Massimialano.

The butterflies erupted in her belly at mention of his name. In daze she managed to drag her tired self to the restroom.

She looked at the huge marble bathtub built in the middle of huge bathroom longingly. Shaking her head, she got dressed in a pair of black sweater and dark green plaid skirt, the clothes given by maid.

She wanted to refuse her at first but then she remembered in what outfit she came last night.

She sighed and obligued silently. Not that she did not like the cute outfit.

Finally maid, whose name was Jane guided her out the maleficient room into glorious hallways.

This time she took a sweet time to look at the very details of his house. Indeed the owner was the man of culture.

They reached what seemed like a grand dinning hall.

Fiona couldn't control her gasp. The huge maghony table was decorated with dreamy breakfast she could ever imagine. The large windows were uncurtained leaving warm sunlight to fall over the table.

Soon her attention was stolen by the dark and brooding figure sitting at the end of the table where breakfast was set.

Her tummy melted at the sight of him dressed in dark green sweater which perfectly hugged his big delicious muscles. His hair was perfectly combed back unlike the last night. Only few strands were out on his forehead.

The heat raised to her cheeks and tip of her nose as the familiar feeling from last night settled in her belly.

Her eyes widened realizing they were matching and he was looking at her in satisfaction as if approving her.

Her heart skipped few beats as her toes curled in her shoes.

"Good morning Tesoro. How did you sleep last night?" His usual deep husky voice to which she was still not used to did not help her blush from spreading.

"It was good. Thank you Sir for letting me stay." She lied hesitantly looking at her shoes. She slept for one hour hardly. The place was new and she was not used to the warm soft mattress.

The awkward silence fell over them. She fought the urge to bit her lip feeling his heated eyes on her.

"Darling please have a seat." She inhaled through her nose.

"I'm sorry Sir but-" His beautiful onyx orbs narrowed slightly. She sighed and sat on the chair slightly far away from him.

Jane began to serve her despite her little protests. She thanked her in the end. Giovanni excused himself when his phone rang.

She looked at his retreating figure in alarm.

What if he left her without saying anything!

She began to finish her plate quickly refusing Jane to have more pancakes painfully.

She bid slightly surprised Jane a goodbye with heated cheeks and hurried outside.