Chapter Five

The next day, Dinah walked into Pat's garage when she saw Rick and Beth sitting next to each other at the table looking at something.

"Oh. Hey guys. What are you guys doing?" Dinah asked as she walked over to them.

"We're looking more into Bruce Gordon and this Eclipso." Beth replied.

"You find anything?"

"No." Rick replied. "Just the same stuff we've already figured out."

"That sucks. Did you guys notice the weather getting weird? I mean it's summer and I'm having to wear a sweatshirt because it's cold."

"Is that my sweatshirt?" Rick asked as he took a closer look at it.

"Maybe." Dinah said.

"To answer your question Dinah, Chuck is looking into it but he hasn't found anything yet." Beth replied.

"Well something's going on. It's freezing." Dinah said as she wrapped her arms around herself.

"Come here." Rick said as he opened his arms. Dinah sank into Rick's embrace as he wrapped his arms around her to warm her up. "Where's Courtney?" He asked.

"She's talking to Pat. After the Shade stopped her and told her his intentions, she wants answers from Pat. She thinks he's keeping stuff from us. Details about this whole situation."

"Do you think your dad knows?" Beth asked.

"He seems to be dodging questions like Pat and giving me vague information."

Suddenly, Dinah's phone went off. 

"That's Courtney." She said as she answered the call. "Hey Courtney. Did you find out anything? Really? I guess we'll just have to keep doing our own investigation. We also need to figure out what's going on with the weather. Okay. Rick and Beth are with me at the garage right now. Okay. Bye." 

"What did Courtney say?" Rick asked.

"Pat said he knew nothing. So we're going to have to keep doing our own investigation. She wanted everyone to meet here for a meeting so we can try and figure out what's going on with the weather. I told her we were already here so she's calling Yolonda and they should be here soon."

Later, Beth called the rest of the team.

"Guys, Chuck found out where the storm seems to be originating."

"Where?" Courtney asked.

"The school. And that's not it. Chuck seems to think that the diamond that holds Eclipso is causing the storm."

"So I guess we should suit up." Dinah said.

At the school, the teens looked at the building.

"Why is Mr. Deisinger's car here?" Dinah asked as she noticed the lone car in the parking lot.

"Maybe he's getting something ready for his art class?" Rick suggested.

"This late?" Dinah asked.

"If we do think the diamond is causing this storm and the diamond is in there, he could be in trouble." Courtney said.

The teens entered the school when Courtney suddenly stopped them.

"What is it?" Rick asked.

Beth used her goggles to examine the hallway. "There seems to be some type of electrical disturbance."

They followed it to the art room. When they opened the door, they were greeted with a messy room that had paint everywhere.

"What happened here?" Dinah asked.