Contestant Analysis - Sidharth Shukla

Disclaimer: I am not giving anyone a character certificate. I am literally no one to judge anyone. I also know that this is all based on just 20 weeks out of their entire lives and does not mean this is all they were. I am under no delusions. I am just here to give you an overview of what they portrayed on Bigg Boss, from my perspective. If you are here to see who I think was "good", "bad", "evil", etc... you have come to the wrong place. If you came here to see me put people on a pedestal or villainize others, I will not be doing that. I am not interested in judging people, only in understanding them. I do not believe in idolizing people. I believe most people are good; good people who sometimes do bad things or the wrong things. So I will say the things your favorite did wrong, and the things your most hated did right and it will need to be fine, because it's reality. Sid can be chided for being aggressive and still be a good person, Sana can be immature and still be a good person, similarly, Paras can be a good son and still be the guy who emotionally and mentally tortured Sana. People are more complex and gray than we give them credit for.

Name: Sidharth Shukla

Nickname(s): Sid, Shukla, Shukla ji, Babyyyy, Kullu, Puthu, Cutie Pie, Ganda Bacha, Gandi Bachi, Cindrella (not misspelled!), Pati, Sidhaaaaarth, Kutta, Shukli, Gunda (in Sana's voice, not Rashmi's), Badshah, One Man Army

Placed on Show: Winner!

Age (on the show): 38

Age (now): 40 (Rest in Peace)

Occupation: Actor, Model, Host, Winner, Sana's Kullu, Sexy

Personal Life:

Sid is the youngest child, and only son of Ashok and Rita Shukla. His older sisters are Neetu and Preeti. He grew up in Mumbai, India. His father died sometime in his early adulthood (I couldn't find a specific year!). He began his career as a model, winning worldwide competitions, and eventually landed in acting. He was a celebrated television actor, reality show contestant, and show host, as well as film actor.

On the show, he often spoke about his childhood and family very fondly. He spoke about how much he loved and missed his father, how his mother and sisters taught him true feminism and all his values and morals. I don't believe he ever spoke specifically about any traumas or difficulties on the show, but did generally state he had struggled to get where he was just like everyone else does.

Personality:

He was known to be a very private person; friends saying he wouldn't even open up to them about his dating status unless they were very close.

Based on my understanding of introverts vs. extroverts (this is a topic I have educational and professional background on, as well as fascination with), he leans strongly towards an introverted type personality. Pop culture defines introverts as shy and extroverts as outgoing, but this is not the actual way these personality types are determined. In the human development context, this is determined by two things (for the most part): 1) How you gain and/or expel energy (do you refuel energy when you are alone or when you are around people - energy meaning physical, emotional, mental energy) and 2) How do you process thoughts, feelings, and ideas (do you tend to need time alone to internally process or do you need to verbalize with other people to process). *introverts may prefer processing externally also, but it would need to be with a very trusted individual*.  Not to mention, it is not just simply Introvert or Extrovert. There are types within each, such as the outgoing introvert (like me! I'm not shy, but I need time by myself to process and energize), and the shy extrovert (someone who doesn't want to express or talk much but feels good and energized in a crowd). Introverts tend to have a small circle of very close people while extroverts might have a large circle with mostly good friends and a few besties. And finally, these tags are not black and white, or mutually exclusive. In fact, everyone places somewhere on a scale, some close to introverts, some to extroverts. Some in the middle, or an ambivert. Most have a bit of both.