Premier - Analysis

Disclaimer: The first section is my Summary of the event; the second section is my first impressions and are purely opinion based, and don't include much analysis. These are genuinely what my first impressions of each of the contestants entry when I first watched the show. I already knew who they were because of being exposed to them from Sidnaaz content on Instagram; so I am essentially writing these as if I were seeing them for the first time (I hope that makes sense). Next comes Data from the show thats interesting; and finally, Sidnaaz Spotlight, which will be where I focus on Sidharth and Shehnaz's relationship progression. Enjoy :) xoxo

Summary:

The show starts off with Salman Khan (Salman, SK) in his viewing room where he is getting calls from other celebrities (Farah Khan, Bobby Deol, Karan Johar, Jacquline Fernandez, Arbaaz Khan & Sohail Khan) asking about the new seasons and its annou...

The show starts off with Salman Khan (Salman, SK) in his viewing room where he is getting calls from other celebrities (Farah Khan, Bobby Deol, Karan Johar, Jacquline Fernandez, Arbaaz Khan & Sohail Khan) asking about the new seasons and its announced twist (finale in four weeks) and who the contestants will be; all of which he is avoiding. Salman starts his introduction on the show by dancing to "Slow Motion" in the garden of the Bigg Boss set and then ultimately enters on the stage.

He shares that this season, calling it "Season Theda" (twisted), because for the first time, they will have the first finale in the first 4 weeks, meaning the contestants will need to make sure they survive it to go to the next paraav (stage). He says they will need to make sure they don't waste any time. He shares that in order to make it to the next paraav, contestants will need to make sure they work hard to create connections (implied it should be between men and women).

First to be introduced is Sidharth Shukla (Sid, Shuklaji), who enters dancing with a bunch of ladies to "Na Jaane Kahan Se Aaya Hai". He looks handsome in a white dress shirt, black tie, blue jeans, and a black biker jacket. He is introduced as a popular star and ladies man. Salman asks him if he has experience living with people and doing work around the house to which Shuklaji replies with the fact that he has only ever lived with his family (mother and two sister) and that he never did anything around the house. They discussed how he would need to adjust to the changes. Then he is asked to sit on a rotating stage where all the male contestants will be introduced and asked to sit facing away from the main stage while the female contestants will be introduced later on in the evening.

Next to be introduced is Siddharth Dey, a popular writer and someone who has worked with Salman quite a few times. He enters dancing to "First Class" and is seen having a playful banter with Salman about his writing style.  He shares that he is on the show to give a face to his often faceless job of a writer and is excited to earn recognition. Celebrities he has worked with help introduce him via video message: Neha Kakkar, Himesh Reshamiya, and Farah Khan. All describe him as witty, intelligent and talented. He expressed being nervous about the limited bathrooms and early wake up calls. He then joins Shuklaji on the rotating stage.

Next entry is of Paras Chabra, who dances bhangra to "Mundiya Toh Bach ke Raheen" in an embellished white suit vest and pants. Salman lets us know that he has previously won Splitsvilla (another Indian game show). He shares his work history (reality show contestant and actor) and expresses he will play the role of "Raavan, jiss ke dil mein Raam hai". He also describes himself as a 'sanskari playboy', someone who is 'dil thank', parties, but also does Pooja. He says he knows Sidharth Shukla as a viewer and has met him a few times. Salman lets us know that Siddharth Dey left a few projects (a few with Salman even) to come on the show.