Chapter 01

(Note: The cover is not mine I took it from a manhwa)

I slowly opened my eyes, my vision was still hazy. Wait.... h-how is this possible? I looked around at my surroundings. I was in an unfamiliar room, the room seemed to give historical vibes. How..... am I here?. My heart started pounding like crazy.

 Didn't I die?  I remember I was lying at the hospital. I had a terminal disease that could not be cured, however with the help of medics, I was able to expand my life for about a year or so. But one day an excruciating pain started whirling inside my body, it was unbearable. The last thing I remember is seeing a bunch of doctors and nurses surrounding my hospital bed. 

Back to the present while I was wondering how I ended up in this situation a person rushed in. "Lady! are you feeling better now?" a young girl exclaimed she looked around 19 years old with orange hair and green eyes. She was wearing a maid costume like the one you see in anime cosplays except the outfit was  about 4 inches above her ankles. While I was busy observing her features a thought came in my mind. Wait... I have never heard of this language before, yet how am I able to comprehend it?. "Lady, please wait let me go fetch the doctor quickly" she ran away before I could even ask her any questions. 

I was left all alone in the room again. I got out of bed and walked toward a mirror placed in the room. Gasp! this wasn't me! I shook in horror as I looked at the reflection of a complete stranger in the mirror. Wait a minute... Black hair, blue eyes like sapphires, and white skin like a porcleain doll, these feature seem familiar. 

Suddenly there was a knock at the door I flinched instinctively I replied  " come in!". A old doctor with a briefcase along with the maid from earlier. After the checkups the doctor asked if I felt anything out of the blue. I replied no. The doctor sighed in relief and bowed down "Then I shall take a leave my lady" and left.

It was only me and the maid left in the spacious room. "...... you what is your name?" the maid flinched at my question " I-i-its Darlene my lady!" she seemed flustered. "Then Darlene can you tell me my name?" she seemed surprised at the question. "Y-you are Lady Emma Acapella" she said, she seemed to be humbled down in my presence. Emma Acapella....... No Way! my heart started beating faster than ever. I managed to keep a poker faced and asked her 

"What date is it today" 

"Lady it's Imperial year 216"

"Ok... how did I end up in this situation?

"Lady you..... you fell in the pond "

She seemed to be hiding something. I took a deep sigh my instincts told me it was ok to tell her the truth. " Darlene the thing is I lost my memories" of course I toned down the truth a little bit! I couldn't possibly tell her that got isekaied from another world!. "Oh dear! Lady why didn't you tell the doctor about this?" surprised at what I just said. " I didn't want to attract a lot of attention". She seemed to believe me.

"I'd like you to leave me alone for a while" I need some time to myself. "Yes, lady" she bowed down politely and left.

Huff.... Let's get things straight. I got isekaied in the novel I read before dying. I reincarnated in Emma Acapella and no she is not the heroine but the villainess who dies at the hands of her fiance the male lead.

In this novel there are four dukedoms. Emma Acapella belonging to the Francis dukedom. She was truly a beauty with brains. She was an independent woman  until... she met her fiance Alexander wrightman who was the head of the Braria dukedom. She fell for him fast and hard but little did she know the male lead was just manipulating her to use her to usurp the throne. 

After he accomplished in becoming the emperor it was later revealed that he had an unhealthy obsession  with his subordinate who was a male, yes! this was indeed a R18 bl novel!. Emma who was simply cast aside couldn't handle it, she uses her blood, sweat and tears for him and he just cast her aside?. With jealousy swirling inside her she tried many assassination attempts to kill this subordinate. But the obsessive Alexander didn't let this continue, he killed her in the most gruesome way possible.

Haaaaa the male lead really is an asshole. Although the male lead was a very powerful person the main reason he became an emperor was with the help of Emma. Well luckily it's still imperial year 216 so according to the plot I haven't done anything bad yet. That's right! I can still save my life! I can just ask for an annulment right?. I don't want to waste this life. I couldn't enjoy my last life because my body was weak, but this time I wont let the male lead get in the way!.